Author Topic: Map Sharing Confusion  (Read 1273 times)

Offline oXAmiXo

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map Sharing Confusion
« on: January 21, 2014, 10:19:09 pm »
Ok, so I made a map. I saved it and go into it just fine ingame. I then wanted to share the map with my friend, let her get on the map. I watched youtube videos and such on how to do it, I followed them completely. Told my friend how exactly how to do it. We even screen shared on skype, I looked at what she did and she did everything correctly just like I told her how. Yet, she can not see the portal to my map in Cape of Distant Worlds. Now I am wondering if I messed something up in the process. I made the map, saved it, exported it all. It ended up as a file on my computer in the correct folder, which I figured would happen. I then followed a video and zipped the file up. Uploaded it onto Mediafire, gave the link to my friend to download. I understand the files need to be like .fhm and stuff like that. But what I have noticed, by even exporting and all the the files seem to be saved as .cfg
Now I am not sure if that is correct or should not have happened. And to me, I feel the reason behind the fact my friend can't access my map is cause the file type is not correct. So, I am wondering if forgot to do something or did something wrong. And I am hoping someone could help me, or correct me on the issue.

On a side note, what is the difference between a portal and a gate? Cause I only made a portal, but not sure if a gate is needed or not.

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Map Sharing Confusion
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 11:15:29 pm »
I think you're looking into the terrains/your map's folder. Once you export a map you should go to FeralHeart/Exports. There you should find 'n' copy all of YOUR MAP'S files, placing them in a zip folder. If you have other public maps, it's wise to put those temporarily in a separate file/folder before you export it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:18:40 pm by Spottedbears »

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Map Sharing Confusion
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:20:04 pm »
On a side note, what is the difference between a portal and a gate? Cause I only made a portal, but not sure if a gate is needed or not.

A portal is for when you are allowing the portal of your map to show up in Cape of Distant Worlds. Gates are linking other maps to your main one. And no, in this situation, a gate is not needed.