Author Topic: DirectX Help  (Read 1535 times)

Offline sadiearwen

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
DirectX Help
« on: February 23, 2014, 11:36:07 pm »
When downloading the game, I was alerted that the installation of DirectX was unsuccessful. I can still play the game, and be on the server etc. However, the ground textures are all the same on any map that I go to. Is this an issue that I can fix without having to uninstall the game? Or do I need to uninstall it and reinstall it to fix this?

Thanks ^w^

lindaminda

Re: DirectX Help
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 12:10:25 am »
this happened to me on my laptop.
its probably something with your computer lul.

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • what is life? life is cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 06:03:09 am »
That's strange... I didn't install DirectX when I had to reinstall the game (messed up one of the important files x.x). All of my textures on custom maps are fine. Have you deleted any of the game textures inside of the FeralHeart folder?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:05:25 am by IcyFrost »

Because yes, everyone needs Canada in their signatures.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 06:07:52 am »
I think DirectX is ok, but Feralheart was installed incorrectly. Maybe the installer was corrupted. I'd save maps, presets, etc, and reinstall FH from another browser.

It sounds as if all of your in-game textures are glitched.

Offline sadiearwen

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 05:02:47 am »
No, I didn't delete any files. I suppose that it just installed incorrectly. I'll just reinstall it with another browser. The only problem is, I used Firefox to install the first time, and my only other option is Chrome. However, Chrome regards FH as malicious and discards it. :/

Offline sadiearwen

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 06:04:08 am »
Okay, I uninstalled FH and tried reinstalling it. Only now it's telling me that a bunch of the different files (Including .dds and .jpg files, which are all textures) are corrupt, and thus I'm unable to download it. Is there anything I can do? :c

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 06:18:31 am »
Try re-installin' FeralHeart from another browser. Sometimes yer FHSetup can become corrupted on the browser ye' are currently usin'. Be sure to check that the FeralHeart folder is completely gone from yer Local Disk (C:) drive when ye' formerly uninstalled it.

Just read the former comments and noticed that ye' have already done this, ehheh. My apologies for that.

If that doesn't work, try the advice sir Red has provided another user with a similar problem to yers:

Quote from: Red
Could be because you do not run a rocksolid internet connection.

You simply do as instructed "please obtain a new copy of the program", but if no changes are made to the connection chances are you will just get the same error again.

Here's a quote from the big help section, sure this about playing the game in general, but the same thing can go to you when you just try to download an installer.

If you do use torrent though it always checks up on the downloaded files and that they are correct. That's why torrents are suggest lots of times around here.

How's your internet connection?
Sometimes the internet connection of the users trying to play the game might be weak. This can cause you to not being able to connect or staying online for a longer time, many people might start blaming the game or server for this when it in fact might be themselves.

Here's a few things you can check:
1. Are you even connected to the internet right now?
2. Are you running any downloading/streaming programs?
3. Are there any other computers/devices using the same internet?
4. Are you currently using a wireless connection, if so, are you getting good signal?

Sometimes the internet connection can time out for various reasons and then jump back on again, so be sure to try a few times first.

Programs in the background
Downloading things or running streaming programs eats your bandwidth, and this bandwidth is needed in order to play the game, especially if you're using slower speeds. You can start by shutting off things like downloading programs and internet browsers. Maybe even IM programs such as MSN and AIM and try to play again.

Turn off extra devices
If you got more than 1 computer or other devices also using the internet, try turning them off if they're not in use. This will give you more bandwidth to spare.

On a wireless connection?
If you're using a laptop you might be using a wireless internet connection. These can sometimes loose their signal to the internet source. So try placing yourself closer to your modem, this might give you a stronger signal.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:22:49 am by Vespian »
gone

Offline sadiearwen

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 06:30:16 am »
My connection is pretty strong, but that may be what's causing it. I'm also using XP at the moment, and for some reason, the torrent won't work with my computer. However, I'll try once more and if it still refuses to work, I'll check back in here. Thanks for showing me that quote, by the way. :3

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 06:37:05 am »
Mention it not. Glad I would be of assistance. If the situation continues to occur, merely inform me.~
gone

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • what is life? life is cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 06:56:43 am »
I'm not going to try to change the subject/ change ANYBODY'S opinion for anything, but I used to use XP. At first, the computer tried to crash itself while running FH, so I had to uninstall it. Eventually I got a new computer, this time with Windows 8, and it ran FeralHeart smoothly. FeralHeart might not be installing because either your browser/ Antivirus won't accept it, or it's just that XP is not compatible with it. This might also depend on what brand of computer you have (HP, Dell, etc), or if you have a Desktop or a Laptop.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:03:15 am by IcyFrost »

Because yes, everyone needs Canada in their signatures.