Author Topic: Object Textures Loading Flat Grey  (Read 799 times)

Offline Thaddeusgrey

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Object Textures Loading Flat Grey
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:25:26 pm »
I'm trying to load some textures onto a custom object in object maker. I tried RockMat1, and insteaded of loading the rock texture in the folder, it loaded a flat grey colour. It's very difficult to see to test my object, which I'm trying to run around on in order to catch holes or glitches in the mesh, without running straight into a wall without realizing it. I've tried a few others, including a custom one for another custom object, which shows up fine in the folder image file, but when I loaded it on the object it showed up flat brown.

Help?

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: Object Textures Loading Flat Grey
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 11:35:16 pm »
Hmm, this is very interesting. 

It Might Be One Of These Problems:
1) Your file might be corrupted
2) A file may have been deleted
3) FH might need to be re-installed.

If these fail, let me know and I'll look into it further...Also, some screenies might help.
DeviantArt: Riverthefluffybum
Minecraft: artsy_gamer906

AlphaEclipse

Re: Object Textures Loading Flat Grey
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 11:54:46 pm »
Have you messed with the rock's .mat? (If you have one for your mesh) Make sure the texture is directed to the picture file inside the same folder, otherwise it won't work.
For example, the original rock has a mesh file, a picture file, and a material file. (.mesh, .png OR .jpng, and .mat)
Open the .mat with notepad and should see something similar to this:

Code: [Select]
material rockMat1
{
technique
{
pass
{
cull_hardware none
cull_software none
texture_unit
{
texture rockTex1.jpg
}
}
}
}
If you wanted to just retexture the object, make a texture, delete the current rockTex1, and rename the new texture rockText1.

If that doesn't work, save all presets, maps, etc elsewhere and reinstall FH. ^^