Poll

Do you prefer role-playing with multiple packs? Or just one single pack?

Multiple Packs
Single Packs
Doesn't Matter

Author Topic: Multi-pack role-play or single pack role-play  (Read 2905 times)

Offline LittleBlackMoon

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Multi-pack role-play or single pack role-play
« on: August 08, 2015, 07:23:58 am »
Do you like role-playing in a group that contains multiple packs? Or a group that is just one pack?

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-pack role-play or single pack role-play
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 07:34:29 am »
I like being in groups with multiple packs/groups. I just find it more fun, especially if they're rivals.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 01:01:19 pm »
I like the feeling of diversity in Roleplays, so multiple groups are pretty great.
They add conflict and what not, but I do like single group roleplays.

All in all it doesn't matter to me.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 02:02:55 pm »
Like Warkat said before me, diversity is something I enjoy and look forward to when joining a group. A neat plot can be formed with multiple groups and it truly does add to the experience. There's so much you'll be able to do.
I like single group roleplays as well. Either is fine with me.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline Owly

• Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 03:14:17 pm »
I agree with the above. The multiple grouped role plays often have more interesting interactions. However, the down side is, it's usually one vs the other. Which in the end is pretty much over done no matter how you look at it. As I said before, though, it usually brings up better role play experiences to have others to role play with outside of your group.

Single grouped role plays are more difficult to role play. Due to the fact that people often seem limited as there isn't another group present to bother or defend against. Most role plays don't have single groups [talking about mapped role plays here] as it can be more tedious to think of a good enough plot to keep interest. However, the good thing about the group is recruiting, you only have one group to recruit for and look after. Which can decrease the stress factor by a lot, not to mention members are more close knit, and tend to focus on role playing friendships and bonds, as well as possibly participating in some form of mysterious plot that may come about in their own group.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 03:19:38 pm »
For personal taste, it all depends on the setting/type of roleplay. I find that some roleplays work better with a single-pack than with multiple packs. Multi-packs can be great because it can spice up the plot, but single-packs are nice because you're able to really focus down on what's going on inside of your pack- you don't have to worry about other pack interference. I also tend to notice that some pack leaders/organizers can handle more "busy-plot" than others, so a multi-pack roleplay might not work for one as well as it works for another. I'd have to say that I enjoy both multi-pack roleplays and single-pack roleplays.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 02:24:54 am »
It really depends for me, but I tend to lean towards multiple groups. It just helps with plot development and can lead to some interesting battle roleplays (if rivaled). I also like the ideas of meetings and counsels. Of course, if it's a super good pride against the evil savage kill-on-sight hyenas, then maybe it could spiral a bit out of control.
On the other hand, single packs can be quite enjoyable in a pioneer or explorer type scenario. Though the plot may advance slower, there could be some interesting twists with the splitting of the group or a tyrannical new leader.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Detective Harpther

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 09:50:26 am »
In all complete honesty, despite the fact that it might die out or get boring; I prefer a single pack roleplay. Simply because it means you can focus on one group, and don't have to make up this whole big idea and a backstory/history between all of them. It takes a lot to run multi-pack roleplays because of the different time zones, and the activity of your friends/other leaders.
However if the multi-pack roleplay is interesting and the storyline can potentially take a long time to mess around with which will mean the group is active, I'd happily join. Although I'm quite claustrophobic (Yes, even in a game!) and I lack communication skills it's almost entirely unbelievable. That's why I stick to the single roleplays, because it's less pressure for myself and I don't need to approach a whole group of roleplay buddies.
But this is just my opinion!

Offline Scornhound

• Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 04:40:04 am »
I prefer single-pack because it makes me feel more secure for some reason. But I don't mind other packs entering the roleplay.
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢

Offline Elaysa

• Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 11:24:29 pm »
Basically, roleplays with multiple groups may be harder to manage. There are tons of these multi-group roleplays, and generally all of them have got any problems with the leaders' inactivity.

In my own experience, I was a member of a roleplay with 4 packs. One group had like 48 members, the second had 15, the third had 5, and the fourth had technically 0, because the leader left the group shortly after the roleplay was released. That is, in my opinion, the biggest possible danger for multi-mapped roleplays - inactivity of the leaders.