Author Topic: FeralHeart crashes whenever I try to load a map  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Starrfox

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Starr~
    • View Profile
FeralHeart crashes whenever I try to load a map
« on: March 03, 2014, 11:03:38 pm »
So I searched around the fourm and saw someone with the same problem as me. I followed the steps that other members had told them to do and sadly, it didn't work. :C
Anyways, whenever I try to export a map that I made into the FeralHeart map maker, my game instantly crashes. It has always done this ever since I started playing the game in 2011.
Sooo, how do I do fix it? It's really bothering me 'cause I really want to make maps. D:
~~~~~~~~~~~`Starr`~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart crashes whenever I try to load a map
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:14:35 pm »
I advise goin' to yer' Local Disk (C:) > FeralHeart > Media > Particles and deletin' any particle file endin' with _1, _2, etc.

If that doesn't work, ye' probably moved/deleted a file ye' shouldn't have thus resulted in the game crashin'. If that is the case, it'd be good to locate the missin'/moved file and move/restore it back to its original location. If all else fails, re-downloadin' the game is always the magic fix. I'll provide a link below that'll direct ye' to a tutorial provided by Ms. Crin that explains how to Upload and Download maps. Perhaps it'll provide some insight on what ye' did wrong (if ye' did do anythin' wrong that is) for future reference:

Click here.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:16:23 pm by Vespian »
gone

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 11:15:32 pm »
Have you already seen this?

Ah, yes. The particles could be the culprit. Go into your C: >>> Feralheart >> media > particles and delete any ending in _0, _1, and so on. Sometimes particles double when they are exorted, causing the map to crash. Particles can also get themselves into the my_objects folder, so it wouldn't hurt to check there. ^^

If you don't find particles in those folders, search them in your PC.

Also, make sure your map is 513 x 513! That's very important.

Lastly, does your map have many objects? That can cause the map to crash.

AND, you can try switching your rendering system.

Method number 1~

First, go into C: > Feralheart. If you look at the FH main folder, you will see a flie called:
'orge.cfg'
Click it, and open it with 'NOTEPAD'.

Look at the first two lines in the orge.cfg file. That is where you change your rendering system.

If you followed everything that was typed and the instructions in the pictures, you should have successfully switched your rendering system.

Method number 2~

Turn on FH!
On the main screen, you will see this:

Click options, and go to video. Click 'Rendering System.'

Then just simply switch your rendering system.

Note that sometimes method 2 doesn't always work- That's why I listed the orge.cfg file first. ^^

Good luck! Hope this helped those who don't know how to change their rendering system!~

Are you trying to export the map before it's complete? And you could also check the my_objects folder for files ending in a _0, and so on. Sometimes when maps exports particles double there and mess up your map.
I'd also try reinstalling Feralheart from here. (Save any maps, presets, etc!)
Can you give more details on what you've already tried?
Vespian, you beat me to it! x3

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • what is life? life is cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 12:13:57 am »
Did you make the heightmap / terrainmask in Gimp or Photoshop and not MS Paint? Wait.. I think somebody posted this already Nope.. x.x

Because yes, everyone needs Canada in their signatures.

MakerOfTheCrown

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 05:43:55 am »
May not be as helpful, but that used to happen to me as well. I later found out that grayscale was the only form that would work.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 03:57:53 pm »
I'd advise you to check if the map is 513 x 513 and grayscale. If it is, then try looking at the other suggestions above.