Author Topic: Stop?  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
Stop?
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:39:00 am »
Okay, so this topic in my head been for 3 days and I think I should say this.

On sunday evening somewhere around 12:30 a.m.
I was recruting members for my Rp.
You would ask every cat around Stone Bridge, bc you need to know if anyone's going to join for you're Rp and suddenly another playier said.
Ashclaw: "Leopardstar, stop asking people if they want to join you're clan and just make a movie."
Leopardstar: "So, what I'll make movies and then you'll ask me to stop spaming 'em, and then I'll ask around if anyone wishes to join my clan then I'll have to stop again? Think before you act."
Random Person: "I think it would be rude for a leader not to ask to join there clan."
Ashclaw: *Poofs*

So, have this happened to you guys?

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Khalessi Of The Dothraki~
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
Re: Stop?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 08:12:57 am »
A similar  thing  happened to me when I was recruiting for my Wolf RP.
BlackFlame(me): Jink, are you in need of a mapped, literate Wolf RP?
Random Lion: BlackFlame, if they wanted to join they would have came over by now.
BlackFlame: ...
Jink: Sure I'll join!
Random Lion: -walks away-

Signature by: Marija, thank you!! <3
Avatar by: Sameth, thank you!! <3
Find me in-game as: Mcgee

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 08:52:10 am »
I see.
So what if you are recruiting for your Rp, if you dislike it you can just walk away, not insult a person.
Maybe that person is emotenial in rl.
People are so rude this days. >.<

IM BACK!!!

Offline Lukas245

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • You Shall Not Touch My Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 12:51:33 pm »
Hmmmm This has hapened to me once, and one of the reasons I have not recruited in a YEAR;

Neko(me):Hey Yuro wanna join my pack? c:

Gingerman:Pfffft stop asking already! just make some stupid movies!

Neko:So you want me to spam then ask?

Ginerman: No

Neko: Ok I will keep asking then.

Gingerman: No you won't

Neko:I will and you can't stop me- I'm just asking if she wanted to join my RP

Gingerman: You are one stupid *beep * *beep* *beep* you know that right?

Yuro: -is back from brb and sees the message- Sure Neko, I would love to!

Gingerman:are you stupid Yuro this losers pack is stupid. He has no life!

And then it just turned into plain bullying from there.
I used to be WolfInCourt on the forums, but just call me Kuesuto now or Kue.
FH Username:Lukas245
IW Username:WolfinHeulen
WolfSoul Username: Kuesuto
           See you soon~
[img/]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/077/e/d/dubstep_art_by_bronyswag-d5yfnkr.png[/img]

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 01:17:32 pm »
That is one rude bully.
Why can't be people nice for once in the life time? :/

IM BACK!!!

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 02:29:58 pm »
Wow.

No one has been direct At me to stop asking if anyone wishes to Join my Clan, but they do tend to act annoyed.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 04:34:08 pm »
Gingerman: You are one stupid *beep * *beep* *beep* you know that right?

Yuro: -is back from brb and sees the message- Sure Neko, I would love to!

Gingerman:are you stupid Yuro this losers pack is stupid. He has no life!

And then it just turned into plain bullying from there.

You should report this type of behavior. Take screenshots, as bullying is never okay in our community (or anywhere, for that matter).

I haven't had this happen to me personally, but I have seen some users get on one another for asking another person if they're interested in their RP.

There's nothing wrong with it--you're innocently inviting someone to your RP, in a chat where anyone is welcome to discuss what they'd like (within game rules). The ones who bark at you for asking them are probably people who have been asked before several times, and after some time have found it irritating to be asked over and over again. However, I don't think that growling at recruiting roleplayers is the way to go.
If you're at a spot in the game where people like to recruit, people will probably invite you to join them if they're recruiting for their RP. It's not insulting, it's not harassment, and it's only a kind gesture to see if you'd like to RP.

If not? Then they can just say "No, thank you!" and be on with their lives. There's no reason for that entire group to have to close their mouths and not be friendly to passersby because one guy in the corner is being grumpy--after all, it's advertising. You try to reach people in whatever way you can when you advertise (even in the real world).
If they aren't prepared to see this (people recruiting), they probably won't have the best time at a large recruiting spot.

So I honestly think those that tell off recruiting RPers are blowing things a bit out of proportion, and it's become somewhat of a budding fad (a bit like the early version of people who scream "MATE BEGGAR OMG" every time someone innocently asks if anyone would like a one-on-one RP with a new friend). It's unnecessary and not very well thought-out in my opinion. We're a roleplaying community, and you often get people to join you by means of movie clips and personal and friendly invitations. Not to mention, you have block buttons for a reason--if you don't like someone recruiting, simply block them until you leave the area (or keep them on block, your choice).

There's also something to be said about RP competition, as well. Perhaps two recruiters are vying for new members, and in these cases it's not uncommon for two recruiting clans/packs/etc. to get a little competitive with their invites. However, with respects to this thread, those cases turn out to be more of a "Stawp stealing my members!!!" situation, rather than a stop-recruiting-altogether situation.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline wolfers10

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 05:35:49 am »
I get what you're saying. There is obviously no need to be rude to someone. If they don't like it, they could always turn off Local. Even if they did tell you to stop, they could always ask nicely and give nice advice. I personally can't stand anyone that tries to do such a stunt. Anyways, you should continue inviting people, nicely of course, and ya shouldn't have to listen to them. Besides, the person you invited has a choice.