Author Topic: Uh-oh....,............  (Read 1532 times)

Offline raggedpelt98

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
Uh-oh....,............
« on: April 09, 2014, 05:37:54 am »
Okay, so once again here I am browsing the big internet and dA, and stumble across a rant about so called 'no-reason banning' which many agreed to. It angered me. alot.

Theres even a PETITION one of the dA users hosted that has like 200+ signatures I think; the petition labled Unjust Banning.

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?
My mind. Exploded. Right. There.

I will be posting links to this pointless and horrid rumor of pointless bans when I get access to a computer.

Anyone else also mad?
Inactive. Will be back one day

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Uh-oh....,............
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 05:53:38 am »
Umm, I would share my true thoughts about this, but I know I would be bashed by a certain someone. <3

All I can share is, you don't really know who gets pointlessly banned or not. You're not the person who was banned or the staff member who banned them. idk

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 10:50:01 am »
No one is ever banned without reason. Ever. But the reason doesnt have to be a good or fair one.
People get unfairly banned if a particular staff member hates them, or a server glitch, or accidentally break a rule, or may other things. But very rarely do staff (all staff in general, not just FH) randomly go around banning people. I don't think this pention is necessary, and rather someone overreacting to a ban.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

wolfdog01

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 12:13:42 pm »
I agree with Mocha, it must be someone just overreacting. I don't know why people have to start such a big thing like this. I do have to admit, when I was a noob, I overacted a little about bans but I never did this. I got over it after a week or so I think.
Whoever started this is probably just going to get flamed about being banned rightfully once this gets viewed enough. All I know is, nothing good comes from doing this, I honestly don't see what it's going to prove.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 12:18:23 pm »
I'm pretty sure the staff are staff for a reason. They're trusted! Meaning they won't go around banning others for pointless reasons, grudge or no grudge. The staff are there for a reason- To enforce the rules that were also put there for a reason- to keep the players safe, just like any other MMORPG or game for that matter. If they believe they were unfairly banned, maybe they should look back on the rules once more and contact one of the staff. The staff wouldn't ban someone unfairly, only if that player violated the rules some how.
People really need to read the rules a few times instead of just rampaging through the game. I've read some of these "unfair banning/ no-reason ban" journals on Deviant Art. One admitted that they were cursing in the local chat, yet they still think they were unfairly banned. Note they said there weren't near any staff members. But, they also need to understand that the average player could easily send reports to a staff member, which will be looked over.
They registered for the game, they should've read the rules. These people are overreacting. If they don't like Feral Heart's rules, they should go find another game that will deal with them.

I found the petition for the "Unjust Banning," but I will not post it here.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:22:59 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 01:11:15 pm »
The problem with petitions like these is that they don't get anything done, and I believe that they are a source for those who are frustrated about their bans to let off some steam. Let's say they get a few signatures on the petition. Then what?

Not to be facetious, but I've seen petitions like these before, and they all end up disappearing. Of course, it's not that the FH staff team take them down, but the users who started them take them down on their own accord.

As it's been stated, many signers of these petitions consist of users who a.) Actually broke game rules, and are justly restricted from the game, b.) Have yet to properly activate their game account, and so they only think they're banned (but decide not to come to the staff about it), or c.) Have been irresponsible with their accounts, shared accounts, borrowed accounts, etc., which got them in trouble by someone else's misbehaving.

Either many, too many of these users that sign petitions like this (many being younger individuals who are frustrated and just want to get back onto the game at all costs) have yet to even come to the staff about why they've been restricted. After all, it's much easier to say "IT'S UNFAIR" than it is to admit that, yes, you did something wrong, knowingly, or failed to read the rules at all to know what you were doing.

This said, it is not the staff member's fault for doing their job. If we did not enforce the rules that are set up for the game, there would be no point in having rules at all, and this applies anywhere you go. Not just FH, not just the IT community, not just Aro'kai, but everywhere you.
Just as well, while FH is always keeping a sharp eye out for more staff, we will not grant this position to anyone we do not have strong trust in. We don't invite just "any old friend" to be staff, and even after we trust them, we keep a very close eye on how each staff acts in the game and forum.
If they are seen abusing their powers, they will lose their powers. It is this simple.

Just as well, the activity of each staff member is monitored closely, and so it's not like we have just any old kid out there in the game that will just restrict you from the game for silly reasons like a grudge, or "because they're mean."

Like I said, though, many users prefer to overlook this, and assume that they've done nothing wrong. If this is the case, then so be it, but I can assure you personally that no staff will abuse their powers without consequence. If a user believes that their case is an unfair one, then they may always come to us to discuss it, and we will do our best to work with any members who have questions or concerns.

Because of the subject matter, and its tendency to turn into an unnecessarily negative debate (not due to anyone here in this thread yet), I'll be locking this thread.

As always with these subjects, though, if you have any questions, please message me or another staff member, and we'll get to you as soon as we can.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||