Author Topic: Really Odd Particle Glitch?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Mythrim

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 69
  • *fingerguns out of the game*
    • Jurgencarmeitder
    • LetzGetTechy
    • @Ellerysia
    • View Profile
Really Odd Particle Glitch?
« on: April 06, 2014, 09:12:36 pm »
So recently, I made a particle using Thierry's campfire mesh, and I simply took the flame and turned it blue. Well I used it in one of my maps several times, and if you run around.... it's horrible if you face any other direction but forward.

I'm not sure why, but while you're running, it feels like one of the blue flames is following you, and same thing if you go into F3 mode, so I took a picture here to show you what I mean:

And here's a picture of just the fire while it's resting:

I'm not sure why, but the particles will ONLY fly off in the top right corner of the map, it doesn't matter how much you move they're going to the corner.

I'm not sure if this only applies to myself as well... as nobody else had downloaded it yet.
But if you know what's up or may have an idea, please share with me, this thing looks insane ;-;

OH AND I FORGOT SOMETHING.
The fire's not only in this map, it's also in another map of mine, but the particles don't follow you around whatsoever. >.<
Known as Mythrim[/i] but no longer in-game! Message me on Discord at  Mythrim#0869

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Really Odd Particle Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 09:25:51 pm »
This tends to happen a lot if you close Object Maker without clearing the scene. For example you may have loaded the blue flame and played with it but then closed Object Maker while leaving it where it was, not removing it.

The particle then makes its way into maps, I've experienced the same thing with a fireworks particle. I expanded it in Object Maker so it covered the whole terrain, my whole map was covered in fireworks xD

I suggest completely removing the blue flame from Object Maker and re-adding it, remembering to press Clear when you're done with it. Also you might want to consider this tutorial for mass deleting objects.

Good luck :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 12:02:01 am »
As Ingredient said before me this happens sometimes when you don't clear the scene in object maker.mi suggest resetting the object, like re-loading it in object maker and saving it. But, when you save it, overwrite the original file.
- Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Mythrim

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 69
  • *fingerguns out of the game*
    • Jurgencarmeitder
    • LetzGetTechy
    • @Ellerysia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 01:39:18 am »
I appreciate that you tried to help, but it turned out to be my own derpy fail in the end... XD

After I posted this, I told my mate about it to see if HE saw the same thing, which he did, so we sat there for about 30 minutes pondering on what it could be.

I tried your method, Ingredient, but sadly, it didn't work, so I put it in a new category to see if THAT helped. Well no... nothing XD

Finally my mate goes wandering around and says, "Hey, is the weather on? Maybe that's it owo"
He didn't actually think that was the issue, but he said it reminded him of how snow acts, which was totally true. So I go back into map maker and low-and-behold, I have "Eternal Snow" set as the weather cycle >.<

Originally I had planned making the garden open where you could see the moon and such, but in the end I decided using another .sky file would be too much of a hassle so I just added a ceiling and made it pitch black so it didn't seem like there was one.

So thankfully, my mate figured this one out XD <3
Known as Mythrim[/i] but no longer in-game! Message me on Discord at  Mythrim#0869