Author Topic: Braces.  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
Braces.
« on: September 14, 2014, 09:08:44 am »
Do you guys used/still use braces? I thought it was interesting to discuss this so yeah <.<

I've put my braces on Friday. They have no color, but if they had I'd pick green xD. I mean it's still weird to use the braces. Lots o' pain in the teeth & bit my mouth because of that ;-; I only have braces on the superior teeth, will put on the inferior in Christmas. Wondering how will the pain be when I put them.

Eurgh. Anyways do you guys use braces? :3

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Braces.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 11:08:16 am »
I got my braces sometime this year in March (I think?) on both bottom and top teeth. They were red and light blue (there weren't many nice colours to pick) when I got them, now they're just light blue. Personally I would've liked 'teal' if that colour was available.

I didn't have too much pain, but my teeth were tender until I got them tightened 6 or so weeks later. It's probably because my teeth moved slowly- causing less pain, I suppose? My teeth were looking straight in just 3 months after getting them, amazingly! The only problem for me now is I keep biting one of the brackets off my tooth and my dentist comes once every 2 weeks so I have to wait a bit until I see him next.

I've put my braces on Friday. They have no color, but if they had I'd pick green xD. I mean it's still weird to use the braces. Lots o' pain in the teeth & bit my mouth because of that ;-; I only have braces on the superior teeth, will put on the inferior in Christmas. Wondering how will the pain be when I put them.

Can't determine how much pain you'll get but I would say it depends on how crooked your teeth are. Considering you don't have braces on your inferior teeth then you will probably receive around the same as the superior :\

Just stick to cold drinks to help numb the pain and eat soft foods and you should be fine. I drank custard and ate mashed potato and veggies for about a week xD Every night I rinsed my mouth with warm salt water to help with the pain and healing -considering I had four teeth removed for braces.

There's still a bit to go until Christmas so I wouldn't be worrying about it, I wish you all the best though :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 11:15:47 am »
I could have had braces. Because my teeth are a bit crowded on the bottom jaw, my dentist suggested I get braces to straighten them out. They gave me a choice though because the crowding wasn't all that bad. I've been fine without them; no problems yet after about 4 years. xD

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 02:15:49 pm »
 My teeth are in fact really crooked. Okay not really crooked, something like this

Yeah I try to drink cold water & use painkillers every 6 hours (doesn't help that much though... <_<) I didn't eat custard in a long time so it felt really delicious xD

Eating is just painful. Just ate some meat & potatoes (cut in pieces of course) and I couldn't even eat properly D:

In-game name as: Whinp