Author Topic: friend never got activation email  (Read 916 times)

Offline damiian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
friend never got activation email
« on: April 15, 2014, 08:22:40 pm »
a friend recently made an account called "Demonic Lier"
earlier today when we saw the registration open.
she signed up with the correct email and made the account
as she had gone to activate the account she could not find the activation message in her inbox or her junk mail
mine for a new account (to see if it would happen to me too) came straight away after i created it.
she has been checking back ever since and it has sent nothing
i was wondering if anyone has some good idea's to help BECAUSE....
this HAS happened to one of my friends a few years back, everyone said send a message to a email that should auto activate it
he had done this a few years ago and got a PM that his account "would be activated soon" but it NEVER was
which is why i am wondering if any staff can look into this or send her an activation or would she need a new account?
~ Rink
Its so so so so SO SO RARE i ever log into the game i am always found around the forums usually at my inbox or the help forums.
My username in game is rink if you find another user using rink it is a fake.
If you  cannot get a hold of me on here you can find me on the IT server dragons den as rink or deviantart as AlphaRink

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: friend never got activation email
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 08:45:08 pm »
I've been looking around and it appears that some people do not recieve the email until the next day. As unfortunate as this may be, try to give it a bit more time or wait for another response that may contain more knowledge on the matter~

You are amazing <3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: friend never got activation email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:46:03 pm »
Some general information for you and your friend.

The activation mail gets send out to all new users as soon as an account is made, it can take a few minutes before it pops up in the inbox of the mail address provided but in general it should go rather quick. If you do not manage to find the activation mail it could be that it got sent to junk mail folder, or in some cases certain email providers might even delete the mail before it even reaches the inbox depending on which services used. Activation mails do get sent though so make sure you check every crook and cranny..

Second thing worth mentioning is that IF someone made an account properly and it does exist on the server, you can email "[email protected]" using the EMAIL address that is LINKED to the account that was made. Once you send an email it will activate the account for you, however.. It only works if the account was made properly and exists. If it doesn't you as a user either did something wrong(such as using the wrong email address) or the account was never made.

We cannot send individual activation mails to accounts, the activation is something the users must go through since it's not only forum based but accounts are linked to the game as well.
Former community manager of FeralHeart