Author Topic: Ragequit  (Read 1000 times)

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
Ragequit
« on: May 07, 2014, 08:26:04 pm »
Let's get this cleared up first, okay?

I'm on a Mac, so please don't give Windows advice.

So, let's start off with a small story, shall we?

I'm on a new-ish Mac (if you could call it that. It's got a few downloads on it). So, after a while, I got Feral Heart on my Mac, which I'd been waiting forever to happen. Don't ask.
But recently, I've been wanting to get Pawesome Items Pack V4 and August 22 Mass Markings on my laptop for Feral Heart. It's not that big of a deal, isn't it?
Well, my dad (yep, I'm that lame at Mac stuff) helped me get those things onto my computer.

So yeah, we got the packs on there fine and everything, and they work. The only problem I seem to have with my computer right now happens to be Feral Heart itself. It doesn't seem to want to work with the packs.
I mean, after a few seconds of playing the game, it just... crashes. Yeah, whenever I move. And it's slower than it used to be. I don't know why, and my dad doesn't seem to know why either.
I poked around the files and nothing seemed to be misplaced (from what I know from my PC laptop at my mother's house).

Are there any solutions, or even any ideas of what's happened to my Feral Heart game?

P.S.
Right now, the game is open. It doesn't crash when it's on the title page or character selection; just when I'm playing the actual game. Also, I can get a screenshot of what the error message that appears when the game crashes, if that helps any.
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

Aicosu125

Re: Ragequit
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 09:03:59 pm »
Well, make sure your not missing a file, and make sure you put everything in the correct places. I don't have a mac, so I'm not to sure how the FeralHeart stuff works with it. All I can say is make sure everything is in it's respective area.

Hope this helped.

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 09:44:08 pm »
I'm really bad a Mac computers myself, but take a peek at Raz's FeralHeart on Mac thread, and see if you can find some clues or advise there.

Don't forget to read the comments since many members post their own solution/advise in there ;3
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:46:23 pm by ~Shallow~ »

Offline Hennessy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Avi art by Tessel! Thank you m'dear.
    • Ruffle-Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 09:50:39 pm »
I have that same problem actually. It lets me play awhile then it crashes. I have Aug 22 MM and Pawsome aswell. It think It's the fact that the downloaded stuff may just be too muchfor the game itself.

Siggy By: Jackkdaw
Find Me In-Game: demonicheir
DeviantART: Ruffle-Dog (There's nothing there rnow. owo)

Offline ~HeLp~

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 08:38:30 pm »
uh any files missing

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 09:01:24 pm »
        okokokokokok I have a mac also, I i too, used to encounter this problem. You most likely placed some dile in the wrong place. You may have also put the READ ME file in there too.. which you are NOT supposed to do. I'm almost positive you should be able to just go into you FH folders, find it, and delete it. If this does not work, delete the FH you have currently and RE-DOWNLOAD the game. Start the game just to make sure it still works.
        Next, go to the links that you got the mass markings and items pack. ( I can give them to you if you need them) One problem might be that you put the .cfg  in FHRoot file, this is where most people make a problem. After you are finished downloading everything and putting everything in the CORRECT spot (I would suggest going on youtube and watching a tutorial) start the game. If when making a character you have all the markings and items, start the game.
          IF you run into the same problem, the game shall close without any warning. Now go to where ever your FeralHeart_mac_#####_p# is, and find the FH icon that you click on to play the game. Right click it, and press "Make Alias". Another FH icon will appear in the same folder. Use that one from now on, it should work now or at least better than the other one. :) I hope you found this helpful and not too confusing. Nuzzle me if you solved the problem.
~The Lovely Shay
pm for free art i need practice