Poll

What is the WORST abuse/method of death an animal can get?

Circus acts
6 (17.6%)
Jockeying
2 (5.9%)
Zoo Care
0 (0%)
Dog/Hog or any fights in general
13 (38.2%)
Other (Useless Hunting, Lab tests, etc)
13 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Cruelty Hidden Behind A Mask  (Read 3357 times)

Offline NeverFearTheFall2468

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Hello, is anyone there?
    • View Profile
Re: Cruelty Hidden Behind A Mask
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 01:39:25 pm »
I agree Elizabeth, pitbulls are very loving dogs. But, are taught to be cruel by horrible people. This is a massive misunderstanding about these dogs.
Some animals are on the brink of being extinct, but some stupid people are still hunting them! For what?
Their pelts may be pretty, horns valuable, but still people. Have some sense, will you?

Indeed, Elizabeth. One day, people will realize the pain that they have put these animals through.
I don't know much about your life beyond this walls
The fleeting sense of love within these God-forsaken walls
And I can hear it in his voice, in every call
This girl who's slept a hundred years has something after all

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 03:23:03 pm »
Man, why are people so wrong these days? DX The giant golden crowned flying fox is almost to extinction! Due to deforestation. I can't believe people who work at these topics. And I totally understand you Katra, I agree with you Thyme and Katra. These things are horrible. Why not hunt a couple then be done?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 03:24:45 pm by PokemonXY »
vanitas ยท he/they/it/fae

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 04:15:23 pm »

Well agree on somethings that were said in the first post of this threat, the way some people treat animals is so ridiculous and outgraous! No animal should be tortured, abused or neglected there is just no need for any of it! Like I've said thousands of times to many people who have complained about animals' I murderer or a rapist get a few years or rarely life in jail, but if a dog attacks someone they're put to sleep? If a dog gets this punishment I believe murderers and rapists should get the same punishment!

Zoo's
Yes, zoo's were once like that and many animals would have suffered torture etc but now that has all been changed. Animals in zoos are now in fact well looked after and in great condition. I visited 'Edinburgh Zoo' not to long ago and all the animals I seen had very large enclosures, were in tip-top condition and looked as happy as ever. Although zoos have once been a horrible place they have now changed for the best.

Tests
About testing on animals I totally agree with you. I don't see why scientists feel the need to test on monkeys, rats, mice, rabbits and everything else they test on for cures, cosmetics, perfumes etc. An innocent animal does not deserve it. In my opinion there should be no animal testing, rapists and murderers fully deserve to be tested on-besides they're humans so wouldn't the effects be more clear and right? I am totally against animal testing and think its un-needed.

Jockeys
However I don't totally agree with what is said about horse racing. The horses they use 'Thoroughbreds' are born to race as you can tell by their build, traits and if you do some research or just wach one of those horses whether it be in a field, on the track or in a video-they just love to run. A horse is jam packed with muscle and the leathers are mearly a piece of leather, which they barely feel-hence why it looks like jockeys whip to horses hard, they actually hardly feel it. Foals are taking from their parents at the age they are suppose to be as they will begin the weaning process. If you've heard the saying 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks' eventhough this saying is sometimes provent wrong, in horses it is hard to teach an older one new things-thats why they are brought into racing at a young age. Most horses when getting to that age are sent to a horse retirement center to live out the rest of their lives or sent to a friend or family member-they are no longer allowed to be slaughtered in certain countries and only certain ones still allow it. However, if a horse has a bad injury that are seen as untreatable they are put down by a veteran, not slaughtered depending on the country. Although if a injur isn't to serious they do try and mend the horse. Yes, some people/owners may try and race their injured horses but I'm sure something would be done about that if they were caught.

Circus
Surprisingly, I kind of agree with you on the whole circus thing. Just yesterday I watched a video on how they treat animals at circuses and it wasn't nice at all; they beat the animals with sticks and whips, I even witnessed someone beating up a tiger and a lion as well as chaining them up in not to good conditious. I have also heard many things about circuses not treating their animals properly and for this I never visit the circus. Although some may treat their animals farely I think this is unfare-only if the animal likes what its doing it should be done. If they don't care and respect the animals the way they need to they couldn't be allowed to show them. In my opinion.

Animal Fighting
Again, this is something I am totally against. Why cause an animal so much hate and anger that it feels the need to kill something of its own or even something of a different species. I believe the fighting of animals is completely wrong and no one should be involved in it. Maybe put 2 people in a ring with blades on their legs or arms and see how that turns out, ot put those people in the ring with the animal looking to kill-it would be a completely different story. It wrong and shouldn't happen.

I agree, many people hate dogs that are known for fighting-the pitbull being a great exaple for this. Although I haven't owned one all the videos and documentarys I've watched they're honestly lovely dogs. I was watching a show the other day and apparently its been proven Golden Retrievers have been known to bite and attack more than a Pitbull. Fighting isn't the dogs instinct I can assure you, its how you bring the dog up. When I was younger I had a BullMastiff named Cara and a Yorkshire Terrier named Lucky. Cara was the softed dog you could have met I use to sit on her back, pull her ears and tail, take her food off her and not even once had she growled, bitten or even went for me-she would just lie there, honestly she was a bit softy not once did she pull me on walks either she would walk along side me. But on the other hand my Yorky I would dress her up, pull her ears and tail and she would bark and growl-even try and pull me over on walks since I was only young. And I think that proves it all, its how you bring up your dog.

I don't mind criticism but these are my views and opinions, which I truly believe in and doubt I am going to change my views. But I am 100% against animal abuse and if could I would stop it in a heart beat. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone or made them upset with my opinions, but that's how I feel.

Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 04:10:39 am »
I want to say something about slaughterhouses.

Cutting the throat of an animal will kill it in less then 30 seconds. It will. It does, and for more then 15 of those seconds, the animal is already unconcious.

This is after being shot with a captive bolt gun, which will almost certainly kill it. It is like being shot in the head.

If a slaughterhouse abuses it's animals, they stress. Stressed animals have terrible meat quality, and the slaughterhouse loses money.

Search 'The glass walls project by Temple Grandin' (Warning for animal gore)
It shows and explains the process behind slaughterhouses and how they work.

Keep in mind ALF, ELF, PETA, and HSOA Are all BAD sources. Earthlings, and documentaries filmed by Peta or any of the above organizations, are often filled with scenes the people involved have out-right admitted to being paid to do, for the sake of the video. It's sick.

Circuses are terrible for animals. Look at them. Do they look happy? Do the big cats with snarls on their faces, ears flattened, and lashing tails look like they benefit? How about the tigers bred to live in little cages their whole lives? Terrible. It's just as bad as white tigers (Who are horribly inbred and unhealthy, same with ligers)

Orcas and Dolphins should never be kept in captivity. Orcas especially. At least, not like they are now. It's sick, sick, sick, and I can go into much more detail on this subject if needed.

As for fur farming. Keep in mind an animal missing or with patchy fur equals money loss for the people running it. The animals are killed quickly and painlessly. They're fed amazing diets to keep their fur in it's best condition, and often have room and stimulation to avoid pacing or chewing, which ruins their pelts.

If zoos are accredited and take good care of their animals, I see no reason why they're cruel. They educate people. They dispel myths about how 'big cats might make good pets' and more. This is not the same as a road-side zoo, or the T.I.G.E.R.S. Facility (Which is terrible).

Not well educated about horse racing.

Animal fighting is cruel. Plain and simple. That's it. No debate. Why.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:10:04 pm by longjump »

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'