Author Topic: Strange problem with Opengl: Textures are damaged. [Fixed]  (Read 793 times)

Thierry

Strange problem with Opengl: Textures are damaged. [Fixed]
« on: June 01, 2014, 11:33:32 pm »
Strange problem with Opengl

Hello, I got a problem with Opengl and i have no idea how to solve it.

When i use dual monitor i really prefer to use Opengl over Directx, I have been using both rendering systems without issues even on dual monitor setting.
Suddently, without updating or changing any driver, Opengl failed and everything looks like the picture.
I already tried to reinstall FeralHeart and messing around settings in my driver config.
I Tried changing the color deph of both monitors and ogre.cfg file
Any idea of what i can do apart from reinstalling my windows OS?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:44:02 am by Thierry »

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Strange problem with Opengl: Textures are damaged.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 03:49:27 am »
Did you download any maps recently? Sometimes mesh textures for custom maps may replace the existing files (like, when it asks you to replace the files, do you replace?) Go and check your textures folder and see if it contains the right or wrong textures
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 09:47:06 am »
Have you tried to just unplug one of the monitors temporarily and see if it makes an difference in this cae? Also do you have any particular render settings within Nvidia control panel or AMD catalyst manager by any chance? They can have individual rendering settings for various games or even stardard settings that may change.

What I kinda react on is that things like transparency still works fine on certain objects while others not so much so it's not very consistent on that part, feels like a particular property of a texture that isn't liked. Have you tried rolling back or possibly updating your drivers for the graphics card you're running?

If I'm going to be honest I do not know what exactly is causing this either.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Thierry

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 02:43:21 am »
Thank you so much Red.
I got it fixed after changing all settings in AMD catalyst to their default and setting one monitor, then i could set both monitors correctly.
I do not know wich setting caused the problem, but i will be more careful at configuring.