Author Topic: Map Uploading Help  (Read 1226 times)

Offline jesdar16

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Cats Unofficial Forums
Map Uploading Help
« on: June 02, 2014, 03:53:19 am »
I recently got GIMP and looked up tutorials on how to make heightmaps and terrainmasks, and I've put them in game and such. I want to put one or two up for download via MediaFire, but I've got no idea which files to compress in a folder. I made and exported other maps so I have a mess of files in my exports folder, as well as downloaded map files. I don't know what files to choose. I've got "LMyRocks.fho and then a MyRocks(2).fho and stuff. I don't want to upload the wrong files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Believe in yourself, and all your dreams will come true.

Need a good Warrior Cats forums to chat on? Join my unofficial forums at redstar.freeforums.net

AlphaEclipse

Re: Map Uploading Help
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 04:02:37 am »
Your best bet would be to look at each files history, which is usually displayed similar to this:
MapName.fhm -- 01/06/2014--FHM FILE -- SizeOfFileGoesHere
MapFromTwoYearsAgo.fhm-- 23/10/212 -- FHM FILE -- SizeOfFileGoesHere
If you still have trouble, wait a day or two and re export the map you want to compress and look for the most recently modified map files in exports like shown above. If it doesn't say the last time the files were modified on your PC, right click the file you want to examine and go to properties. It might be listed there.
I'm not sure there's another way to get the right files if you were messing around with most of the files that sane day, but if there is, please someone say. c:

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:20:20 am »
If you're getting names like (2) at the end of files then it's possible it's doing that because there are other files sharing the same names, most likely from downloaded maps. If your Exports folder is already full with files from downloads then I would suggest clearing it out for Exporting. Just make a folder on the desktop and move the files into there.

When you Export your map through Map Maker all the files related to your map is what will appear in your Feralheart >> Exports folder. So you know every file there goes into the map download. Once you have all the exported files from your map and bundled into a folder then you can move all the downloaded files back from your desktop and not have to worry about (2), (3) etc files.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline jesdar16

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Cats Unofficial Forums
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 10:29:35 am »
Thanks. I'll try out both your ideas.
Believe in yourself, and all your dreams will come true.

Need a good Warrior Cats forums to chat on? Join my unofficial forums at redstar.freeforums.net