Author Topic: uhm is it right to do this?  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Ashnut

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
uhm is it right to do this?
« on: June 11, 2014, 11:33:46 pm »
well the other day i was thinking about searching up "FeralHeart mating" and click on "images". then look at the usernames of those players to report them. is it ok to look for people doing inappropriate things and then report them? i just want to be a good player to the game. is it ok?
I'm currently unable to play FH and don't know when I will? Yeah...

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: uhm is it right to do this?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 11:54:16 pm »
Nein. I don't recommend doin' this ma'am due to the followin' reasons:

• Those particular users could have already been dealt with beforehand. Google has access to every site on the internet if I'm not mistaken thus most of those screenshots could have already been reported and looked at. It'd be unfair for a user to get punished again for somethin' they've done possibly weeks/months/years ago and already learned from.
  • Some of the users might not even play FeralHeart anymore or have already been restricted from the game or warned. Ye' know the sayin'. What goes on the internet stays on the internet- anythin' ye' add never truly goes away. Therefore, it wouldn't be surprisin' if some of the images ye' look up dates back to the year 2011-2012. And- referrin' to the users who no longer play FeralHeart- it'd be senseless lookin' into a report who's users haven't been on the game itself for some while.

We really appreciate ye' seekin' to be a good user, Ms., but it'd be best to just keep an eye out yerself while ye're in the public maps. If ye' come across somethin', screenshot it and report it to a member of the staff team.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:57:40 pm by Vespian »
gone

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 03:18:17 am »

• Those particular users could have already been dealt with beforehand. Google has access to every site on the internet if I'm not mistaken thus most of those screenshots could have already been reported and looked at. It'd be unfair for a user to get punished again for somethin' they've done possibly weeks/months/years ago and already learned from.
  • Some of the users might not even play FeralHeart anymore or have already been restricted from the game or warned. Ye' know the sayin'. What goes on the internet stays on the internet- anythin' ye' add never truly goes away. Therefore, it wouldn't be surprisin' if some of the images ye' look up dates back to the year 2011-2012. And- referrin' to the users who no longer play FeralHeart- it'd be senseless lookin' into a report who's users haven't been on the game itself for some while.

We really appreciate ye' seekin' to be a good user, Ms., but it'd be best to just keep an eye out yerself while ye're in the public maps. If ye' come across somethin', screenshot it and report it to a member of the staff team.
All that you have said is true. It is a clever idea though I must admit.

Offline zady

• I BLAME RAZ!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • DJ Rin
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 04:40:04 am »
i know ye just want to help but what vesp has said is true, and i wouldn't go purposefully looking for things such as this either, if you see it sure, take a screenshot and send it to a staffer, but otherwise it just seems a little mini-mod ish to run around the maps looking for rule breakers.

it's nice of you to want to help the staffers out though <3

MESH edition
Preset & marking edition

Feel free to pm me for help!

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 07:43:59 am »

I'd stick to what Vespian is saying.  I've seen some inappropriate things on Feral Heart too and the best thing you can do is just report them. 
I also wouldn't send them a little whisper message like "I saw that" because they would probably just deny all of it. 
I think it's great to see players taking action though!  ;)

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 12:22:50 pm »
As the others have said before me, it's probably not the best idea. The time to report someone is when you are in game, and actually witness the blarhgablarhg. That's when you report the usernames, and you need a screenshot for proof.

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 12:31:49 pm »
Think I will lock this now as it's more of a question rather than a discussion subject, to which I believe you have your answer for so there's no need for more users to repeat it over again. X3
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)