Author Topic: Bullying Lion King Roleplayers?  (Read 2701 times)

Offline Kenji89

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Bullying Lion King Roleplayers?
« on: June 14, 2014, 04:43:47 am »
I was in Bonfire at earlier points this week, and it seems like there's always someone bullying the Lion King roleplayers. Why? This is juvenile behavior and totally uncalled for. Why is it a popular theme around Bonfire lately to give the Lion King roleplayers a hard time? They're not harming anyone and they're not breaking any rules. NO ONE should be taunted for the RP that they're having and I think it's very rude.

Now, I know that a lot of the Lion King roleplayers are not literate, but why should that be the concern of an outsider? They're not doing a thing to harm you. They're minding their own business and staying within their own circle and RP. I just do not understand all of the hate for them and I also don't understand the constant trolling and taunting. They've found something they're passionate about roleplaying about and if that's what they're into, then it's what they're into and that should be perfectly okay.  

AlphaEclipse

Re: Bullying Lion King Roleplayers?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 05:20:28 am »
I agree with you on a lot of points.

I'm not exactly sure why some individuals act negatively towards the TLK roleplayers, but I think it might have something to do with a stereotype floating around FeralHeart that I've seen countless times - All TLK roleplayers are "illiterate," powerplaying  "noobs." It's not right to label someone such as displayed, and it's not a concern to people/players not roleplaying in the same group. (This explains the "TLK troll-ers" somewhat. If you notice, some talk in a way similar to some of the roleplayers, only they are doing it on purpose to mock them and to get a laugh out of a few.) You do not need to have extensive knowledge on the English (or whatever language is currently being used in the roleplay) language to roleplay; as long as you're having fun! It doesn't really matter how others feel about your roleplay style. Now the straight out bullying... That's just inappropriate in this situation (or really any on the internet and "real life"), and should be reported immediately. Bullying is wrong, and should not be tolerated.

Offline Wolff Hybrid

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • When your eye's Meet . . . So does your heart <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:09:16 am »
I agree with both of you. I don't think its right to bully TLK RP, they are just having fun like everyone else. I actually think its neat that TLK RP in Bonfire is still very active, even if it's not correctly done how everyone else want's it to be. Everyone has there own style of RP, so let them choose how to go about it. Keep on RP kitties! you still have a Thumbs up in my book :D

Offline Honest~Faith

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I'm baaack!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 11:15:49 am »
Yes, bullying Lion King Role players shouldn't be allowed. It just shows you that you're immature and you can't stick to your own business when you bully TLK role players. Yes, as stated above, most of them are 'illiterate' but that doesn't mean you have to bully them until they get mad or extremely depressed. But hey, you've been illiterate as well when you joined Feral-Heart, if people didn't bully you because you were illiterate, then don't bully the people that are still learning their ways. If people did bully you, you know how it feels and you shouldn't let others feel that way.

In-game username: Honest~Faith

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 12:55:55 pm »
Pretty much agrees with all of this ^^^^^^^

I think another thing that bugs me as a result of the constant taunting of these members is the stereotypes these players get because users empathize simple things that actually rarely happen. For example, people stereotype TLK roleplayers to be neon, have large muzzles, roleplay illiterately and to kill everything in sight. For me, I'd feel discouraged to be a TLK RP-er because of these specific stereotypes, it just generally puts you in a bad light before you even have a chance to RP.
There's no need for it really, it's silly to be quite honest. They aren't harming you, they aren't harming anyone else and it's not like they're mocking you, so why do it?

Though, I'm not being ignorant to the fact that there is certain individuals that do live up to these stereotypes (although a lot of them I've seen have just been trolls), that doesn't give you the right to judge the entire TLK roleplaying genre as though they are them, and even then you shouldn't insult or mock the ones that are illiterate, neon etc t'id not nice 8C

-slowly backflips out of here now-
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)