Author Topic: This... is frustrating. Please help.  (Read 1437 times)

Offline DekkaDemon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
This... is frustrating. Please help.
« on: June 18, 2014, 02:55:59 pm »
Okay, so I like downloading mods to my FH, orright? MOST of them work. I have never had problems with items, maps, presets and whatnot, besides mass markings. A few months back (half a year ago probably) I downloaded MM3/Aug 22, but there's just something wrong... Once I have the MM pack in my FeralHeart folder, the game just.. crashes. Every ten fifteen minutes. I thought this was a computer problem, but recently it was wiped. Only a few days ago I re-downloaded FH and today I downloaded Aug 22 again. To which I was disappointed again. It just randomly crashes on whatever character I use. If I try to join a big map, I crash on the loading screen. If I stay too long in Fluorite Plains, I crash. If I go to Bonfire Island, I crash. I used to always crash while watching films too, and I'm sick of it now. FeralHeart is becoming hard to access and roleplay on because of this problem. Could I please have some help? By the way, I have a Mac (Pro). Will this change the outcome of the game?

Offline Ka$h

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: This... is frustrating. Please help.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 03:07:17 pm »
Make sure you've downloaded the pack right, and remember to replace the old .CFG file with the new one from the MM3 folder.
Remove all your markings from the textures folder and paste in the new ones, then open your game and you should be done.

Here is a video that you can follow and install it correctly. (:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPtD6SE3Bng

Video isn't mine
Hello there!
If you need any help PM me!

Offline DekkaDemon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 03:11:34 pm »
Wait, so I have to remove all the previous markings? I've just been replacing the files, as the prompt on screen says. I'll give it a go, thanks!

Offline Honest~Faith

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I'm baaack!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 03:16:26 pm »
Wait, so I have to remove all the previous markings? I've just been replacing the files, as the prompt on screen says. I'll give it a go, thanks!
Yes, just replace the files.
If it still doesn't work, go to your Feral-Heart folder. (My PC > Local Disk(C:) and delete the Feral-Heart folder completely. Then re-install Feral-Heart again.

In-game username: Honest~Faith

Offline DekkaDemon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 03:23:21 pm »
I've re-installed it before, and it didn't make a change. Also, I use a Mac, so I don't know if we're deleting the same things o.o

Offline Ka$h

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 03:29:10 pm »
Ah, try this one.
Don't mind the 'it doesn't work' comments at the start.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VqZUe5HD-U
Vid isn't mine either
Hello there!
If you need any help PM me!

Offline DekkaDemon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 03:33:21 pm »
The first video worked fine, thanks! :) I'm pretty sure that did the trick.. :o I've been downloading from another link, so maybe that's the problem? I got into Bonfire, however, I do not know if this means I still won't crash. I'll reply again if I do. Thanks for the help!

Offline DekkaDemon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 12:31:20 am »
Sorry to bother you again, but my Mac is still crashing even with those specific instructions. I don't know what the problem is, but it still won't work. Everywhere I go I still crash! Urghhhh!