Author Topic: Map help?  (Read 793 times)

Offline kcatd35

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • Anything~Random
    • View Profile
Map help?
« on: June 29, 2014, 06:56:28 pm »
Ok this is for expert map makers, I have seen players have maps where in one place they have a certain ground textures then in another part of the map it has a different texture, How do you do that?

People in the Image,  Vask, Sagitta, Scarlett (The Grey Wolf> Me) Rin, and SeizureWhale

R.I.P- DarkPetal
R.I.P- Genisis

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Map help?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:28:16 pm »
that is called having a mask! here is the tutorial from the site: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=10

it's not for experts at all, anyone can do this!

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 02:33:05 am »
You can have up to 6 different terrain textures in your map. If you want to use 6 instead of 3, then I would recommend Sameth's tutorial.

Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline kcatd35

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • Anything~Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 01:23:33 pm »
I am only wanting to use 2, This is a map of the pridelands, I'm wanting a different texture for the outlands and can someone send me the link for GIMP Download?

People in the Image,  Vask, Sagitta, Scarlett (The Grey Wolf> Me) Rin, and SeizureWhale

R.I.P- DarkPetal
R.I.P- Genisis

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 02:14:12 pm »
This is Gimp's official website: Gimp
To make your terrain two different colors, you need a mask, which you can make in Gimp. Simply just get two random colors that are bright and color in where you want them on the map. When you finish coloring it in, save it as (whatever).png to Feralheart >> media > terrains. When you go in game, go to map maker an open your mask.

(Random map mask)

Ok, so there's the map mask I have made in Photoshop (you'll be using Gimp.) When I enter it into Feralheart's map maker tool, I'll get it with a few different colors, or terrain types. The stuff in the red boxes is basically what you want to look at. (Note that I used three different colors for this!)

At the first box that is closest to the top, that's where you'll enter in your mask's name. Because I'm not actually using this for a map an just showing you, I named it "maptest.png."
Now that box underneath that first on is the terrain types you can choose from! There's plenty that you can use and experiment with. Now, that one bow of to the side with the "1" is very important when using different colors. That's how you change the terrain type of all of the colors you used in the mask. So, when I'm done and happy with the terrain I set for the red part of my terrain mask, then I'd click that little arrow next to the one which let's me change the colors for the blue. Here's a .gif I have recorded basically showing you: http://www.mediafire.com/view/t5k4am9yzb524sq/mapexpalme.gif The .gif's file size was huge, so tinypic wouldn't take it (it might take a little bit to load.) That link should work.

I hope that cleared it up a little bit!~