Author Topic: Possible solution in order to auto-sync all presets, etc..  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Midders

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Possible solution in order to auto-sync all presets, etc..
« on: August 07, 2014, 12:16:36 pm »
I've been pondering about things that I could do that might have an impact in the Feral-Heart Community and one thing that came to mind was the fact that presets must be shared among friends only, rather than also having an option for public-viewing and possible public-access.

I've messed around with stuff like this and I was thinking, well.. why not just sync all of the FH-based presets into one large folder via Dropbox using a Public Folder, possibly even setting it to the default feral-heart preset folder allowing for massive-scale preset and markings, and even worlds to be used among the community?

Feral-Heart and Dropbox working together like that would be a rather amazing feat in my honest opinion.

What are some of your thoughts, guys? - Do you think it would be interesting to be able to sync all the same presets made by your same community into the game, in order to auto-sync presets, markings, possibly even maps and more?

wolfdog01

Re: Possible solution in order to auto-sync all presets, etc..
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 12:41:31 pm »
I think there may already be something like this ^^;

Preset Sync

It allows you to sorta do the same thing but with a different program.

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 01:00:25 pm »
i don't think this would be a very good idea.

first off, i have enough maps as there is. all of the cape is covered, and some of them keep going so i have to get wings to get them. second, it would most likely cause lots of lag for players with not very good systems. but good thinking!

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline Midders

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 03:29:51 am »
Well, it would be optional to sync certain presets, it just allows for players ingame to tick off what presets / other content that they can incorporate into their own game.

As for the preset sync- I honestly didn't even know that was a thing. I suppose I probably should have read a bit more around the forum before I tried to make a post of my own. xD