Author Topic: Computer not working  (Read 697 times)

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
Computer not working
« on: October 26, 2014, 12:20:26 pm »
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be in off topic board, admin can move it if it should.
Anyways my computer has stopped working few days ago(windows xp). At first it would freeze or start acting weird when I'd leave it on for a while, without interacting with it(that usually happened while playing 3d games).
After it happened few times, blue screen started showing up. It happened maybe 3 times, and I restarted every time since I thought it will stop showing. Nope. The next time I restarted when blue screen showed up, the monitor, mouse and keyboard didn't turn on. Only the monitor made some weird sounds like it keeps turning on and of.
The next day I managed to turn it on, the machine beeped a lot and turned on. I started to upgrade antivirus and went to study math. When I returned, blue screen. Again. This time though I managed to see that there is some kind of error, title was page written in nonpaged area, well, something like that, andthere was lots of zeros with 50 on end. I also saw name of some file called win32k.sys. I made a research and found out it affects usb connections and such and I also found a fix for it.
The only problem is I can't turn on computer so I can fix it. When I turn it on only the machine is working, it doesn't beep like it usually does and the monitor is black, while keyboard and mouse only turn lights on for a single second. My computer might be old but it was useful while it was working. Any help will be useful. :(
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
Re: Computer not working
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 12:38:00 pm »
Hmm...that definitely sounds like a bad predicament for you there floofy. I know I am okay with computers, but I have never heard of a computer doing that unless it is on it's final days.

Computers that are old, and have been around for a very long while tend to do weird and crazy things like that. I know what I am saying is most likely not very helpful to you, and I do hope someone else who knows more comes along to this thread to help you out better. In my opinion though I believe your computer may being on it's final moments.

If anything I suggest you take it to a computer technician to get a better analysis on your issues.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble