Author Topic: Can see mask in Map Maker but not in-game? (SOLVED)  (Read 899 times)

wolfdog01

Can see mask in Map Maker but not in-game? (SOLVED)
« on: July 12, 2014, 11:24:25 am »
Alrighty, so, I have this snow map and I've got a kewl mask with it. The mask I used has ice, bluestone, and snow.  It also has it's own custom water thanks to Alpha leading me to Ringo's link. And it has items that have ice and snow textures like caves, dens, and rockslabs. Now when I go into map maker to test it out, I can see the snow, bluestone, and ice, BUT when I try it out in game, all I see is the ice bit. Now I did change the maps names from the files itself and I made sure everything matched up. The material.cfg, the map.cfg itself, the mask, everything. Now I can post up screenshots and give a list of what all I have in there and what all I did to the map if that helps. Thank yew! ^^
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:05:10 pm by ~Thyme~ »

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
Re: Can see mask in Map Maker but not in-game?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 01:31:41 pm »
You could provide some screenshots, if you can. :3

Anyways, try maybe checking the practicle forder and see if you see anything like this?
Example~
_0, _1, _2 and so on.
Or... like something~
aura_0, aura_1, aura_2 and so on.

Then delete them and try again with you're map! ^.^

Or, try this Hugrf, helpful tutorial on everything you need to know about map making.
I saw there ground Texture tutorial also. Maybe It'll help! ^.^

Good luck, my friend! ^.^

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=34893.0

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 05:45:33 pm »
Yarg! Sorry it took me so long to get back to this x-x

But I did what Hurgf said in the tutorial but I didn't use Watermill and made my own, like I've seen most other tutorials use and it's worked every time. Now, I did change the mask and terrain from snow to ice and made sure to change all of the files within the map so it all matches, and I didn't have any of those extra particles, believe me, that is the first thing I check when something goes wrong. BUT I did get some screenies!

This is what it looks like

This is what it supposed to look like

wolfdog01

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 05:50:44 pm »
Flipping double posts x~x
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:53:34 pm by ~Thyme~ »

wolfdog01

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 05:51:21 pm »
Yarg! Sorry it took me so long to get back to this x-x

But I did what Hurgf said in the tutorial but I didn't user Watermill and made my own, like I've seen most other tutorials use and it's worked every time. Now, I did change the mask from snow to ice and made sure to change all of the files within the map so it all matches, and I didn't have any of those extra particles, believe me, that is the first thing I check when something goes wrong. BUT I did get some screenies!

This is what it looks like

This is what it supposed to look like

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 05:53:00 pm »
Maybe this will help: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=13363.0

Hopefully that works. ;) Also, maybe try not to blend the colors in Gimp or whatever program you use.

wolfdog01

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 05:55:59 pm »
Oh this is just a basic, 3 colored mask. I used GIMP and I've used the same style and format for every map: 513x513 RGB (Or grayscale of it's for heights) .png and moved to terrains

wolfdog01

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 06:04:29 pm »
Wait I got it! I can't name it after a terrain texture or else it either crashes or makes the whole map one terrain ^^; Thanks for the help anyways you guys, will have to remember some of these links though