Author Topic: Can't see my terrain in-game? (FIXED)  (Read 917 times)

Offline TullileIsHere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • plonke
    • View Profile
Can't see my terrain in-game? (FIXED)
« on: August 10, 2014, 08:45:46 pm »
 So I made a terrain for my new map. Whenever I go on Mapmaker to said map, I see my terrain as I made it.
But when I go in the map in-game, I just see the African grass everywhere, rather than the grass and sand I put in mapmaker. I saved the terrain when I made it in Gimp in the 'terrains' folder, along with the heightmap. (The heightmap is fine, though) I don't know if I saved it the wrong way, or if there's just something wrong with my game.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:05:55 pm by Tullile »

Thierry

Re: Can't see my terrain in-game?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 08:49:04 pm »
by casualty you saved it as the name of Default.png?
The game is glitchy when there are files with the same name around, so try to rename your terrain mask to a unique name without spaces or simbols and export again your terrain.

Offline TullileIsHere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • plonke
    • View Profile
Re: Can't see my terrain in-game?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 09:05:24 pm »
by casualty you saved it as the name of Default.png?
The game is glitchy when there are files with the same name around, so try to rename your terrain mask to a unique name without spaces or simbols and export again your terrain.

I just fixed it. I went back into mapmaker and went into the 'test' mode. Then I went back onto my character and had her go into the map. Now the texture shows up. Apparently I need to test the map with the texture for it to show up in-game.
Thank you for your efforts, though :)