Author Topic: Crashes when uploading heightmap  (Read 835 times)

Offline Kailywolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Crashes when uploading heightmap
« on: August 27, 2014, 05:50:33 pm »
Yup, as the title says, The game crashes and quit when I try to upload a new heightmap to the world thing in mapmaker. I use a Mac and it have been working perfectly good until I tried to upload the heightmap. I don't understand, it doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the heightmap, it is 513 x 513 px and grayscale and a PNG file. Can someone please help me?

AlphaEclipse

Re: Crashes when uploading heightmap
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 06:08:57 pm »
From the manual section here on the site explaining heightmaps
(~Note~)

If you were to create a heightmap on your own there's a few preferences it must follow and it has the very same as the heightmap used above and below. When your create/save a heightmap it must/should follow these rules.

1. It must be saved into a PNG format
2. It can only consist of 1 layer!(If you use more the game will crash upon importing it) Make sure you flatten/merge the layers on the image before saving it.
3. The image must be saved/edited in grayscale mode and cannot consist of or use colours(If not the game will crash)
4. The Image size should be even on both size, the standard size is 513 x 513 pixels.
5. The use of "Alpha Channel" should be left unmarked/turned off.

If something is not followed in that list it could very well crash your game until you sort it out.

Here it's explained in video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTO8tyhSQPU
Make sure you follow everything there exactly! Hopefully that helps you.