Author Topic: Skroobules  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Somewhere, in an alternate universe...
    • View Profile
Skroobules
« on: October 13, 2014, 09:42:31 pm »
Skroobules. Deal with it.  8)
Because I'm writing a second document about their planet, colonies, history, and culture, this has now been divided into spoilers. Click "Show" at your own risk-- I'm shoving waaaalls of text in your face.
I - Appearance
II - Skrooblements
III - Bonding
IV - Grouping(WIP)
V - Other

I - Appearance
Skroobules appear as cat-dog-wolf hybrid things with floaty tails. These tails are really important, but we'll hop to that later. Skroobules are always black, with lines and dots of bright neon green, bright pink, hot red, various shades and versions of cyan, et cetera. Tech colors. When drawing Skroobules, it's important to have any outline there colored with the tech colors mentioned before. Versions made before this rule are allowed to be, well, let past this rule.

II - Skrooblements/Sigils/Elements/Types/Whatever
Skrooblements, also known as Elements, Types, or Sigils dictate several traits of the Skroobule, such as Personality, matchups between other skroobules, which effects the bonding. Here are some Skrooblements/Elements/Types/Sigils.
Cyber
Plasma
Eco
Flame
Majyks(Just roll with it)
Shade
Shine
Frost
Ego(Pollution basically)
Draft
That's all of them, and they are polar opposites to eachother.
Cyber/Majyks
Frost/Flame
Shade/Shine
Plasma/Draft
Eco/Ego

IF YOU ARE SKITTISH ABOUT LIFECYCLES DO NOT READ THIS NEXT PART. III/I AND ON ARE ALRIGHT THOUGH.
III - Relationships / Life Cycle
Bonding usually takes time between Skroobules, slowly gravitating towards eachother, and normally a good sigil matchup, like Plasma with Plasma or Eco/Shine with Cyber/Shine. But a rare pairing like Plasma/Ego with Draft/Eco may occur every once in a long while, like three years. But that'll come a bit later.  Once two skroobules have bonded, they will start clinging to eachother openly and cuddling in a pile at night. When they're both ready, they will fall asleep with their tails most connected, and upon waking, their tails will be linked. However, they can unlink freely and will have a little slide thing. Their life cycle begins with fertilization, as normal. Then comes Kithood, and at 2 years they grow their tails in, but lack the ring-hole. This stage is called the Tailet stage. The next stage, at 5 years, is Ringling. This stage grows in the ring-hole and is when the Skroobule ends up either aggressive or welcoming. Then there's the Adult stage at 6 years, and then the cycle starts again. Skroobules can have from 6-10 kits from one pregnancy, and labor can go through almost an entire day.

III/I - Sigil Matches in Relationships
Sigil matches help dictate the quickness of becoming mates. Two of the exact same 1 type are fastest to become mates. Two of the exact 2 types are less fast. Two with one different type and one same type of sigil are less fast. Two with different types that aren't incompatible are slow to become mates. And two with incompatible types cannot become mates, unless there is some stretch of oddity. When these do happen, the calmer one will keep the angrier one under control. Any progeny that they bear together will normally be even MORE violent, usually 4-sigil kits. All of the conflicting sigils together cause said violence, and there's normally only one, violent as heck, strong kit left to grow and kill things mercilessly. Once it grows, the Skroobule will never really bear any progeny for itself, unless some form of a miracle occurs in which a calm 4-sigil Skroobule appears and calms down the violent 4-sigil one, which will probably settle down and be grateful, until the next hairtrigger. Eventually they may have progeny and produce both calm 4-sigil kits and angry 4-sigil kits. The calm ones will calm down their siblings, and the cycle continues.

IV - Groups

A group of Skroobules is called a Bubble, with up to 3 families in an ordinary Bubble, with numbers from 10-35.

V - Other

+Skroobules are ALWAYS black as they lack the part of the genome that may cause albinism or whatever it is.
+Skroobules have a tail that levitates, and their tail tip embodies their dominant Sigil. Ones with two have bizarre tail-sigils. Four-sigil Skroobule tails are more bizarre and have legitimate functions like controlling a fake flesh puppet, skewering things, et cetera.
+COLORS AREN'T INHERITED FROM PARENTS! THEY'RE ABSOLUTELY RANDOM!
+Sigils can also be inherited from uncles and aunts.
+Cyber Sigil skroobules have only lines that are pretty much perfectly straight, and the dots are normally parallell to eachother.

PLEASE! Ask me before making a Skroobule. Here's a Reference for a Skroobule:
History, Culture, and Homes under this next tab. To come at some point anyways.
Coming "Soon!"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:28:05 pm by Neowulf »

Art gallery
[Find me in-game as Neowulf]

Offline Likopinina

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Meow
    • Likopinina
    • Likopinina
    • View Profile
Re: Skroobules
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 11:33:10 am »
Ahhh, so this is that tasty-sounding species....
Very nice, I enjoyed reading about them (:
Preset of Leon

Signature by bruisers

lindaminda

Re: Skroobules
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 04:38:18 pm »
Interesting species you have there. +floof
It was nice reading it. Good job  :D