Author Topic: False Member Rage  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Skullix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
False Member Rage
« on: September 05, 2014, 07:04:02 am »
'M not sure if any other 've had this experience before, but I thought I'd just 've a little spack attack over 'False members.'
Have any o' ye' ever recruiting for a RP that 'yer passionate about, but then the day later find half ye' members 've left?
I know it's not much o' an issue, but if ye' gonna join a clan/pride/pack/horde, stay there 'n show ye' worth. Others may just be a tad bit busy when ye' decide to jump on, but if ye' jump on and leave a second later because ye' think all are inactive, 'yer pushin' it. Recently, I created a Role-Play, "Canarius", a cannibal wolf horde, and I was on a few hours in the mornin', then I got back on when I saw one of 'm members were on in the afternoon, but before I even had the chance to speak, they left. I'm not sayin' ye' don't have a right to ye' freedom and words, but if ye' gonna join a RP, stay there. Don't waste ye' samples on something ye' don't wish to be part o'.

Rage Over. 'M apologies, but 'tis how I feel.

Tell me, does the feather fly as far as the crow?
Skullix In-Game

Offline Password

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
Re: False Member Rage
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 07:50:57 am »
I know it can be frustrating, especially when you've put the time in with advertising and what not.
A good way to hold onto your members I think would be to win them over. You have to engage with them rather than just appearing to be another robotic alpha recruiting for his or her pack. Have some fun conversations and make it feel like a community rather than a group of RPers.

When I visit one of my friends in The Benevolent Wolf Pack, I always find that most of them are having fun conversations and they all know each other and it certainly feels more like a community than a group to me. Not that I'm saying you haven't already given this a shot, but it's just what I think would work. :D

Good luck with your pack.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 07:47:31 pm »
I hear where your coming from, Skelleanox. The thing is, some people just want short-term roleplays, or lose interest quickly. But if they just disappeared without even telling you they were leaving, then there's a problem. But like Passeh said, engage them in conversations and other fun stuff. Best wishes for your pack!

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 12:42:31 am »
This can be really infuriating, especially when you work hard to get members.

I've run into this sort of thing a few times, mostly with the Cackle I've made.

I recruit for an hour, get, eh, on average, two or three new members, four tops.
I get on the next day. None. Are. On.

Only my fellow 'co-creator' and I an online.

Now, I know that people as a whole, don't have long attention spans....
But seriously, if you're gonna join, and least try and roleplay with the group at LEAST more than once.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 01:19:31 am »
Ew, I really don't like people like that, though I can't say that I haven't done it before. uwu I did stop doing it though, and am horribly picky about role-plays because of it.
Another thing I really don't like it whenever the leader disbands the group, and doesn't even have a reason why.
I remember this one group that I spent more than a week trying to work on the site and whatnot for this one group, ended up with ten people and all left as soon as I went off to bed. I was infuriated, and I can't say that often.
-Wolfie

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 07:34:37 am »
I know how you feel. 'Get hyped up on RolePlays and end up all alone. Especially 'cauze I'm afraid of advertising.
Happy Pride Month!

Offline Fichtiilicious

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 06:22:39 pm »
dti7tuilu8l

Offline KatanaWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Delete this account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 01:59:58 am »
I know how you feel as the same thing happen to me before. When I roleplay I usually look for certain ones since I tend to enjoy those the most. One of those roleplays that I was in only lasted for a day. I haven't heard anything about that roleplay since then, it was like everyone instantly forgot about it the next day.
Account no longer in use.

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 11:25:48 pm »
Or: you set someone on your friend list, poof, next day and forever after, they are gone.
Happy Pride Month!