Author Topic: The Model  (Read 2398 times)

Offline snowtigergirl

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
The Model
« on: September 30, 2014, 02:20:25 pm »
First of all before anyone starts to poke out that this will be hard to code etc, I do understand. It is just a suggestion.

To be honest, FeralHeart means actually "WildHeart", but not only Canines and Felines are wild. I thought that it would be nice to add at least one more model, any kind. Predator or herbivore, I'm with you. Maybe a bird, but anything please.

I also think that FeralHeart should have more actions, like a yawn, or maybe for a lion to lick their paw, etc.
Just I really think there should be some updates. I understand, coding is NOT easy, and I know it myself.

This will make it better for people who play this game, they'll enjoy it much more, and for you too.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
Re: The Model
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 02:35:08 pm »
I'm personally with you here, Sasha. Feral Heart would be interesting to see with other game models and actions. Seeing a bird in Feral Heart would definitely be fun, and add more variety to the game itself. Many have thought of this, and it still is an amazing idea to think of. Plus the new actions would really immerse us in a more interactive roleplaying experience. However- it's not that it would be as you said 'hard to code'. But the Feral Heart creator has the Source Code (the code that let's the staff modify the game). Unfortunatly he left the game without giving anybody the Source Code. So as of now it is simply impossible to make any major changes to the game like that. These are amazing ideas though- and it would be great to see them come alive some day.

Offline snowtigergirl

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 02:43:47 pm »
It's sad to hear, at least though I have not gotten a negative reply, which I already appreciate a lot. I really hope that FeralHeart will find it's source code... because unlike Impressive Title game, I started to notice there were absolutely no minor updates, I am not talking major once as you mentioned, but little ones. Like, maybe another new map to rp in, or new tree meshes, etc.

But most importantly, I would want to see the third model flying, either swimming, or slithering in FeralHeart.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 06:16:40 pm »
I also agree with this, Sasha.
As Vask mentioned, however, we don't have the source code, but that doesn't mean we can't come up with ideas!
Anyway, a LOT of people argue that this is a game for "wild carnivores," but there are a lot more major groups of carnivores than canines and felines. A bird or reptilian model would fit in perfectly!

And your not the only one waiting for new actions. I've seen thousands of suggestions for new actions, and I personally support all of them.

Anyway, lovely ideas, Sasha!

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

S. Italy/Romano

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 07:38:36 pm »
However- it's not that it would be as you said 'hard to code'. But the Feral Heart creator has the Source Code (the code that let's the staff modify the game). Unfortunatly he left the game without giving anybody the Source Code. So as of now it is simply impossible to make any major changes to the game like that. These are amazing ideas though- and it would be great to see them come alive some day.

Indeed, as Vask said, the source code is possibly the only way to add anything new into the game. I don't mind the lack of models, since a lot of people here are quite able to imagine some wonderful creatures with the two models we have, but I'm not against it at all. However, I'd love to see new actions/emotes for FeralHeart. It would greatly increase immersion (in my opinion) and although people are quite capable of describing their character doing something, I think it's much more fun to pick an emote and actually see them do what is being described.

Offline snowtigergirl

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 10:32:55 pm »
Actually, any member can make their own custom emote.

As for the model, I really do hope one day we will have the source code. An idea isn't all, it's just the structure, just a skeleton. I agree though, it doesn't mean that people can't stop coming up with ideas,
but what for if there is no way to make those ideas come to life or in-game?

S. Italy/Romano

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 10:41:32 pm »
Ah yes, but I don't know if others in game can see it... I'll have to check up on that.

And those ideas? We keep them here, because you never know when something can change. One day, maybe the staff/someone will be able to add/change things. In that case, they will have this resource pool of fantastic ideas that people have come up with. An idea isn't all, but it's better than nothing.

Maybe users who wish to create their own game will incorporate some of these ideas into a FH-like game in the future, who knows?

Offline snowtigergirl

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 11:48:28 pm »
The emotes will not be seen by other users, unless if you send them the exact coded emote to them, so they're able to put it in their emote list file.

And  I have nothing else to say...

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 12:24:08 am »
Aye, tis a good idea, but as others said, the source code is long gone with the creator of FeralHeart, KovuLKD. He still regretfully holds if, but, if he ever did let us have it, i'm sure these ideas would be good ones dear c: Rigging and Animation is not all that hard, and with at least five people helping, it could possibly be done. But as I said, the source code ia unfortunately not in our paws at the moment.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline snowtigergirl

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 03:48:31 pm »
Now, I think everyone is just spamming me with the "we don't have source code". o.o Not to be rude, but I have already gotten that information,  thank you though anyway.