Author Topic: VERY weird random key "presses"  (Read 1154 times)

alleyeevee

VERY weird random key "presses"
« on: October 01, 2014, 08:39:44 pm »
I haven't had a problem with this untill today, for some reason in (only) FeralHeart (running in Wine windows emulator) random keys are being "pressed" and others wont even type (Example: I can he tyoing "My keyboard is acting weird" in and in the chat it will appear as "Mkboard isacting wrde." as my character spins out of control. At first I thought it was my keyboard. Nope. (I'm infact typing this all up with the same keyboard) This only happens with FeralHeart (or wine). Not sure which yet. I'm going to "investigate" this a little. Meanwhile, is anyone else having this problem? (Running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)

Comparing installer MD5's.
The site won't let me download the installer for some odd reason. Torrenting...
Checked installer md5's. Both match.
Maybe it's wine being stupid? Will try reinstalling...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:07:35 pm by Jordan »

alleyeevee

Re: VERY weird random key "presses"
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 08:40:07 pm »
Checking installer MD5

alleyeevee

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 08:52:12 pm »
Installer I used to install the game onto my system md5sum: f9071b51276a96c5e21ec1853bfee569

For some odd reason, feralheart won't let me download the game installer at this moment. :P So I guess I can't compare it to that.

alleyeevee

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:57:10 pm »
Torrenting...

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 09:02:39 pm »
If you need to add on new information, please just click the modify button above your post instead of posting multiple times in a row. ^^

As for your problem, are you sure it isn't just due to the lag? I'm not sure what the problem could be but the lag in certain maps can cause movement with the character and mess of the keyboarding sometimes.

alleyeevee

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 09:12:11 pm »
If you need to add on new information, please just click the modify button above your post instead of posting multiple times in a row. ^^

As for your problem, are you sure it isn't just due to the lag? I'm not sure what the problem could be but the lag in certain maps can cause movement with the character and mess of the keyboarding sometimes.

I'm sure this isn't it. There is no lag, and my character turns in circles as I can move foward and etc. So I'm sure this isn't it...
Sorry about the "spam." Won't happen agian. ^^

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 09:12:45 pm »
This should go to game help.
PMing a staff member to move it.

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

alleyeevee

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 09:15:16 pm »
Sorry. >w>

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 09:34:06 pm »
It's fine. It's just that only staff members can move/delete/edit other's threads and if you post it in the wrong place by accident they can move it. (:

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline Crusoe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Top Kek.
    • View Profile
    • My Github Page
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 01:03:35 am »
Hi. My dad probablly knows more about this than me since he uses Linux all the time. Since Linux currently is not officially supported by Feral Heart it might possibly be Wine itself, another posibillity may be by what kind of driver you use or the copy of your Ubuntu is glitched or the driver of your keyboard may not be working properly, try reinstalling Ubuntu or the drivers. If the problem still persists then try using another emulator other than Wine. If it still is happening then I will ask my dad about this.