Author Topic: Strange Preset/Username glitch?  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Ravnkottr

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Strange Preset/Username glitch?
« on: November 04, 2014, 01:54:35 am »
Alright, gonna hit things right off the bat here.
My username (Which contains spaces), has always appeared with little "_"'s where the spaces should be when i'm on a character with a preset, and I was wondering if there was any way to fix it?

(With Preset)

(Without Preset)

My first guess would be it's because of the preset file's name

but -- i've tried removing the dashes, and it consequently made the file quit working until I was able to change it back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Preset/Username glitch?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 02:16:20 am »
Methinks I know why this is occurrin'.
When it comes to preset files, I haven't yet seen a file that doesn't have the _ symbol in the username in replacement of a space. So if one has a space in their username, the preset file will automatically replace that space with said symbol (so it's not just ye' who faces this when wearin' presets). It probably has to do with how the game was originally coded. Could be wrong though.

I don't really think this glitch will be of a problem on yer behalf as long as others can see yer preset. If anythin', the _ symbols are aidin' ye' so ye' won't be like those unfortunates who's presets cannot be seen by others no matter what they may do 'n end up havin' to redownload the game due to a problem with the exporter.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:18:37 am by Vespian »
gone