Author Topic: Do Unrealistic Characters Really Ruin Realistic Roleplays?  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Dngerboom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Brow game = Too intense.
    • View Profile
Re: Do Unrealistic Characters Really Ruin Realistic Roleplays?
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 05:56:17 am »
I am more along the lines of Crookfish's opinion.

This is just to my acknowledgement and doesn't apply to every member, so do take this opinion with a grain of salt.
I find some members that contain rosters to naturalistic characters, tend to know what they want in their overall roleplaying experience to look like, and to achieve. Not elitist to any extent, simply put a preference. Seeing that a 'unrealistic' character strolls among a roleplay. I would hope that the person seeking interaction knows some simple common sense things- that way both parties are pleased.

1) Supernatural characters - Overpowering characters tend to be scoffed at to naturalistic roleplayers, and you being a demonic, angelic, or anything that doesn't occur in the natural word only increases that title.
2) Limit - If wanting to keep the mysterious fantasy element to the character. Just a little tweak where skills and prowess are not disrupting the flow of the role play. I have seen few interactions with a naturalistic character and a fantasy type character be portrayed flawlessly.

I don't even mind to interact with non-lion/non-wolf/custom creative characters. As long as they understand that my character is about as real as come and can be easily be disheveled by supernatural beings. They *Not all but some* tend to get this grasp and adjust it to where they still contain a 'other-worldly' presence and elements, but never in any context would use their assets to find opportunities to overpower or outshine.

For me, that, can separate a novice to an experienced roleplayer. Their connection and adaptability to their character in various situations and interactions with others. Versatility to maintain the characters distinctive traits but obtains limits/major roadblocks to were, he/she is intriguing, almost life-like.
Discipline, Loyalty, Courage, Strength, Honor, NEVER SURRENDER!

Signature drawn/created by me
In-game username:Dngerboom

Offline tiges7

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 01:56:26 am »
I think it really matters on the situation. Sometimes we all need a lil silly or unrealistic in our lives, but for me personally I think they can. (Take in mind I mainly do mapped RPs and if I see an unrealistic feature like eye color or something on a cat it drives me loco) but if I'm out somewhere in the public maps, I don't really have a problem with it. Anyone can RP there since it's out there for everyone. So why can't everyone RP there?

Offline toasterkitty

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 06:52:16 pm »
well i dont really roleplay even though i did take part in a night fury roleplay once but like a lot of people said it depends on the situation if some unrealistic character starts powerplaying then yeah it would ruin a realistic roleplay but if they are just minding their own buisness then its fine
i can be found in game as toasterkitty!

i am crazy though.....

also trash for anything ninjago or rayman