Author Topic: is there any way to use ms paint for presets?  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Touyja

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
is there any way to use ms paint for presets?
« on: January 21, 2013, 08:55:03 pm »
ok just wondering cuz currently i havnt got to grips with gimp very well and im unsure how to make presets with it (WITH SHADING ON THE FUR etc) only presets without the shade... :/
and was wondering if its possable to use regular computer MS paint?

if not is there any gimp preset tutorials about adding the shading/layers etc?
thanks

Offline Nicholette

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The lunatic is on the grass...
    • View Profile
    • Ask the TimeTards- Tumblr
Re: is there any way to use ms paint for presets?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:18:57 pm »
I watched a video on making presets at one time, and they said there was possibility of making one in paint, but it wouldn't be as neat because it doesn't have the most "advanced" things in it.

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 09:24:47 pm »
It's probably best that you don't use Paint for the reasons that Nicole stated above. It's much better to use GIMP or photoshop. But anyway by shading on your preset I'm guessing you mean adding a fur texture?

Since alot of friends and other users private message me with the same question about how to apply a fur texture on a preset here's my simple & small tutorial for you all. I'm using GIMP for this tutorial.

Say you've finished painting up your preset and it looks something like this:

Looks great so far right ;)? But after all that hard work you still feel like something is missing and you want to make it look more realistic and give it an extra little finishing touch to spice things up. How about adding a fur texture :D? Don't know how you say? Well here's how:

You'll want to start off by opening the texture in another window.The default fur texture of the game is located in your C:\>Feral Heart >Media>Textures. To find your texture click "File" then "Open" and "Local Disc C:/" on the left side corner of the window that opens then select your "Feral Heart" folder as shown below:

Next select the "Media" folder:

Next select the "Textures" folder:

Once in the "Textures" folder scroll through the list up until you find the correct texture for the part of the body you are trying to texture.
(For example in my image my preset is a canine and its the body I'm currently trying to texture so I select "cbodyshade". If I were trying to texture a canine's head though I'd select "cheadshade" or if I was working on a feline I'd select the "fheadshade" etc... It all depends on the model and what part of it's body you're working on)

Select the appropriate texture & once you've got it open click copy on the fur texture:

Then paste it to your preset:

Once the fur texture is pasted to the preset it should look like this:

Once the texture is pasted to your preset go to your "Layers box" and click the "Mode" option that I circled in red on the pic and select "multiply". Once you multiply the layer over your preset you should end up with an image like below:

Then all you have to do is save :3 and you're done. Do the same for all the other parts of your preset. If you have any questions feel free to private message me.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:36:16 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Toxicthewolf9

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The world is strange...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 04:12:11 am »
Well what would it look like on MS Paint?
~?Ingame name: Toxicthewolf9?~