Author Topic: FH installed virus  (Read 1567 times)

Offline ShadowPaws3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Bro. Little Babies Ice Cream.
    • View Profile
FH installed virus
« on: December 26, 2014, 03:20:21 pm »
I got a new laptop (Dell), and I used to use my desktop downstairs for FH. But now, when I tried downloading FH on my laptop, it installed a virus instead of FH. I need a safe way to download it. (my dad uninstalled FH on the downstairs computer)
Ingame: ShadowPaws3 or We Are One~
Forums: Wolf_Soul_ or Dark~
My roleplay site: http://fielddogs.createaforum.com/index.php#c1 (it would be great if any of you signed up! It's so lonely there...)

AlphaEclipse

Re: FH installed virus
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 03:47:15 pm »

Feralheart does not contain any viruses in its setup, nor does it download any once it is downloaded as long as you download the game from this site, and this site only. I cannot promise that the downloads from others sites aren't free of malicious programs, however the download from this site is 100% safe. Download the setup from the downloads section (and if that doesn't work download the torrent from the downloads section only,) and then install. Just di not download from the "adfly" prompts that pop up when you are getting to the real download. As for the virus, you must've downloaded it without noticing from somewhere else. Run an antivirus/malware scan to see if it can find it.

Offline ShadowPaws3

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 03:48:47 pm »
The virus is gone, but I didn't know how to get past adfly
My roleplay site: http://fielddogs.createaforum.com/index.php#c1 (it would be great if any of you signed up! It's so lonely there...)

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 03:50:45 pm »
There's a countdown in the upper right-hand corner that starts at five and goes to zero. Once it says skip ad, click it, and you'll be transfered to the next page.

Offline ShadowPaws3

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 04:02:58 pm »
I also did that but it still installed the virus.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 04:51:36 pm »
You should try the torrent (from this site's official downloads section, of course) then if you're computer is still downloading stuff off of Adfly without your consent. It shouldn't be downloading stuff like that unless you actually are clicking the ad and not just the "skip ad" section. The torrent download is straight from this site with no redirects. Always make sure you have an antivirus running (or if you have one, make sure the security is bumped up to a high setting for aggressive protection) whenever you browse the internet - there's plenty of bad stuff that can be download without your permission.