Author Topic: Preset Help [White Eyes / White Tail / Transparency issues]  (Read 1688 times)

Offline HeroOfCanton

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
    • View Profile
Preset Help [White Eyes / White Tail / Transparency issues]
« on: January 02, 2015, 10:32:05 pm »
Help Please! I'm having three separate issues here.

I've been gone from FH for a few years and redownloaded an old Preset and wanted to export it but it seems the eyes are marshmallows. Not sure what has happened as it used to work just fine.

Second issue is with a different preset. A new one I had to tweak a little. I'm having the same eye issues but for some reason also tail issues with this one. I was also work with transparency on the feet that isn't showing up in the preset maker, the two digits on the paw sides shouldn't be there but they are. Again I'm not sure what I did or how to fix it. If anyone can fix my sheepie for me I'd be happy to let you have a copy of that particular preset if you'd like.

Any help is very much appreciated. <3

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Help [White Eyes / White Tail / Transparency issues]
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 11:45:58 pm »
For the eyes, try using this code in the material file (where the eye coding is) and replace it with the other. Save the Material file and change the eye image to a .PNG file instead if it isn't already. Make sure the image file and the 'preset_#eye' are named the same, otherwise it will not work. (Also remember to replace the '#' with the number of your preset file!)

Code: [Select]
material preset_#_eyeMatL
{
technique
{
pass
{
   alpha_rejection greater_equal 128
cull_hardware none
cull_software none
texture_unit
{
texture preset_#eye.png
}
}
}
}
material preset_#_eyeMatR
{
technique
{
pass
{
cull_hardware none
cull_software none
texture_unit
{
texture preset_#eye.png
}
}
}
}

As for the transparency on the paws, open up your material file and replace this where the body coding is. Once you've done that, save the material file and make sure that the image is also .PNG as it is set in the coding. Make sure the image file and the 'preset_#body' are named the same, otherwise it will not work. (Also remember to replace the '#' with the number of your preset file!)

Code: [Select]
material preset_#_bodyMatL
{
technique
{
pass
{
alpha_rejection greater_equal 128 (This here allows the Transparency)
scene_blend alpha_blend
texture_unit
{
texture preset_#body.png (The .PNG allows the image to turn out Transparent)
}
}
}
}
material preset_#_bodyMatR
{
technique
{
pass
{
scene_blend alpha_blend
texture_unit
{
texture preset_#body.png
}
}
}
}

Good luck, I hope things turn out good.
One last thing. When you open up the BODY image in your art software (what you use to make the preset) you eraise what you want to become transparent.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone