Author Topic: TerrainMap sizes?  (Read 949 times)

Offline xnido

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
TerrainMap sizes?
« on: January 09, 2015, 05:06:00 pm »
Okay, I am trying to make a map. But the only size I can make it is 513 pixels on the terrain map.
If I try to make a terrain map that is larger or smaller than 513 pixels, it will not load.
Are there specific sizes of maps that are allowed?
Or am I doing something wrong?

Another thing-
Anyone mind helping me with the texture map thing?
I'm not very good with gimp and am unsure of how to do that.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: TerrainMap sizes?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 05:12:04 pm »
Unfortunately you must have your map terrain set to 513x513 pixles, any bigger or smaller the terrain will not work when you open and use it in your map maker.

As for your other issue, you can only use three colours for three different terrains. Red: 255, 0, 0 Green: 0, 255, 0 and Blue 0, 225, 0

Those colour schemes will only work to make the terrain when you add this to your map. If you need any further help, don't hesitate to ask or send a PM~ :)

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Thierry

Re: TerrainMap sizes?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 06:23:45 am »
If you meant to make your map bigger, then you change that setting in the map maker in the "world" tab, in the "width" text box. but if you really want a bigger height map then your height map and mask can be any size (2^n)+1
so you can use sizes of 257x257, 513x513, 1025x1025  ect

Personally, i only use 1025x1025  for very complex and detailed maps because 513x513 suits most needs of everyone