Author Topic: My newly written bio won't show for other players, and won't show when I..  (Read 1588 times)

Offline mossclaw

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
My problem
My newly written bio won't show for other players, and won't show when I log of and return to the character. This has been happening recently (the past four days) for all my new and older characters. I asked some of my closest friends on Feral Heart if they new why it's been doing that, and sadly they don't. I don't know if it's a file that got deleted or what. Help please? I really like making bio's for my characters, and it just makes me overwhelmed with feelings when I'm unable to write them.

What all I've tried
Surely you know I tried many times, and had people check and see if they saw it.

If you do know why this is happening, or had this happen to you too and found out how to fix it- I'd surely love to know how you did it.

Thank you,
Mossclaw

AlphaEclipse

Hello Misty, although I do not know to much about this issue, I'd recommend retyping one of the biographies and then tapping "enter." Not entirely sure if it will work for this specific issue, however it's worth a try, since it has helped user's with a similar issue (although not the exact same) before. Hopefully that works for you. If it does not, be sure to inform us. ;D

Offline mossclaw

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Hello Misty, although I do not know to much about this issue, I'd recommend retyping one of the biographies and then tapping "enter." Not entirely sure if it will work for this specific issue, however it's worth a try, since it has helped user's with a similar issue (although not the exact same) before. Hopefully that works for you. If it does not, be sure to inform us. ;D

It saddens me to say this, but it didn't work. I appreciate the suggestion though, it was indeed worth trying. Thank you for the help, and keep up the good work!  :)

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
I don't quite know a solution to this, truth be said, but I don't believe it's any kind of missin' file. Rather, a glitch most users end up facin' every now 'n again. I've had it many a times before myself but normally just re-typin' up the biography works as a solution for a while until the glitch rolls 'round again.
If I may make a suggestion, ye' could always type up a biography for yer character(s) here on the forums. Ye' then won't be character limited, won't have to worry about it glitchin' out, will be able to apply certain fonts and other decorations, and even provide visuals of what yer character may look like (this is especially handy for those with characters branchin' off the character models). Then ye' can make a custom tinyurl to pass around to others who are interested in gettin' to know yer character and they can read till their hearts content.
gone

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
What Vespian said, it's probably just a glitch. It's happened to me more times than I can count and boy, I wasn't too happy about it. Though eventually it stopped, and I was able to keep bios once more. I'd recommend doing what Vesp said and write a biography on the forums. It's much more handy and you can get a ton more creative with how you create your character's history!

in-game: hooli

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
1. Editing a bio and then closing the game improperly, even if you finished editing it, if you crash in the same session, loose connection to the map server, get stuck loading a map etc, all of these can cause the bio to go away once it has been made. Making sure that you press esc and disconnect by clicking "Quit" helps in some case.

2. Bios including certain special characters or in some instances length of the bio itself can cause it to get chopped off or even deleted.

3. Some rare cases it can be bound to the character you use, try to create another character and just make a quick test bio with some letters in it and disconnect properly and see if it works then, if it doesn't it could be account bound.
Former community manager of FeralHeart