Author Topic: Mapmaker not loading old maps?  (Read 935 times)

Offline PayThePiedPiper

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • Join the Farcaster on DeviantArt!
Mapmaker not loading old maps?
« on: January 23, 2015, 08:41:00 pm »
I was working on some older maps yesterday during a map making livestream and they all worked fine. This morning I started a new map, that I saved without issue. However I went to work on my old maps and none of them will open.

- I have not exported any of them yet and have nothing in my exports folders

- I have not applied custom weather / sky / music files to any of them

- My newly started map can still be loaded up without issue

- Obviously any characters that are in the affected maps are not loading in game

- For some reason loading Objects from the OBJ files from affected maps is crashing the game

Help? I am utterly confused and slightly angry at the prospect of having to redo my maps for a third time.
Join along with The Farcaster Musum crew and take part in 53 weeks of unique maps!

Thierry

Re: Mapmaker not loading old maps?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 07:20:03 am »
What you mean by not opening? It crashes your game or shows a error message or its missing objects/terrain?

- For some reason loading Objects from the OBJ files from affected maps is crashing the game
This is confusing, from OBJ files? What you mean here? As far I know there is no way to load OBJ files directly on the game.

Sorry I could not provide any help for now.

Offline Stonestomper

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Infected Calories
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Mapmaker not loading old maps?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 06:17:03 pm »
Have you twiddled with your "My_Objects" folder as of late, perhaps after playing with the older maps? Missing mesh files is one of the few causes of map crashes, whether the map is old or new. Try pulling the mesh(es) up in Object Maker to ensure that any materials have not been misplaced.