Author Topic: Custom Map Portal Problem  (Read 1448 times)

Offline ghoulmunchies

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Custom Map Portal Problem
« on: February 16, 2015, 10:38:44 pm »
Whenever I go into the map maker and place the portal as you normally would it works perfectly fine. Then I go in-game to test it out and I don't spawn where I put the portal (I spawn in the corner of the map) and I can't get back to Cape of Distant Worlds (or even see the portal I placed) I can make a separate (yellow) portal back to the cape, but I can't spawn where I want to using the (blue) portal. Please help, this is becoming very frustrating.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:42:10 pm by loren »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Map Portal Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 10:49:24 pm »
Could be that you are mixing up which portal in cape that is an old exported map and one that is the actual map that is being worked on in the game.

Keep in mind that a map in the game folders being worked on that has "Has portal" checked will place a portal in cape, if you also export that same map without removing it from the exports folder afterwards it will ALSO create a portal in cape leading to the very same mapname, the difference? One portal will lead to an old or new export, and the other will lead to the map the map maker uses, so do make sure there's no extra copies of your map laying around in the exports folder.

If it wouldn't be what was mentioned above, it feels very likely you're either saving it wrong, or not placing the destination coordinates correctly causing it to go elsewhere. Check the video below if you need to double check things are right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cGLY79x4yg
Former community manager of FeralHeart