Author Topic: Registration Fail  (Read 1568 times)

Offline painfulVeracity

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • How about no.
    • View Profile
Registration Fail
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:26:41 pm »
EDIT: For anyone just now reading this thread, I'd like to make my intentions clear so there are no misunderstandings of this thread.
The problem here is not with judgement that has been put upon me by any such staff member.
I am also not claiming an unclaimed username.
I'm trying to claim a username that has already been claimed by myself, which I have proof of (the image included later), but I can't because the game and site are treating it as though it doesn't exist.

So there's been a lot of issues with a FeralHeart user (-Paramore-) that have yet to be resolved by anyone. I've asked multiple friends of mine to fix this, and I myself have tried to fix this, but no one has been successful.

The problem: Towards the end of 2014, during one of the registration periods, I was able to snag another username, one that I promptly used all day while I was able to for roleplaying purposes (to be more specific, if it helps, it was in use for the Warrior Cats roleplay Viridity, and it was pretty important). Now, I intended to use it more, and to even come back the next day on the same character to continue on with the plot I had going, but when I tried to access it the second day, I was completely unable.

The attempted solutions: No matter how I put in the username and/or password, I could not access the account either on the forum here, or in-game. I asked my girlfriend to try it on her computer, and that also didn't work. I asked another very trusted friend, and she couldn't figure it out either.
I consulted email to make sure that I hadn't imagined the previous day, and to make sure I had the username right. I did, and I certainly had it.

I have not been banned or restricted in any way. I have broken no rules. And if I have been banned or restricted in any way, I have not been informed, and I have especially not been informed as to why I have been. I don't think that's wholly fair at all.

Now, I'm trusting everyone here NOT to steal a username that is CLEARLY ALREADY TAKEN by me OFFICIALLY, as seen in the included image. But I would really like to know why it's not working out and why I was able to be on it one minute, and the next, I am told that the account does not and has not ever existed. It is my account, and I want it back. Please, please someone help me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:29:53 pm by Vera_ »
"Keep on screaming 'til you say what you think."

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
Re: Registration Fail
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:43:25 pm »
This is a very odd issue indeed, but I would also like to point out that it might be best not to mention bans in a thread. If I am wrong may a Staffer bop me on the nose a few times. Also about claiming the username. I am not sure, but we can't do too much if a random person comes up, and claims the name. The person might not know this thread exists since some do not read the forums. So we can't guarantee someone not taking the chosen username.

As for your issue though...I sadly don't know a solution to this issue or where to even start. If you have been asking about in the forums a lot I suggest trying to PM one of the Staff team to see what they say. Granted you might need to give them some time to reply due to the fact of their inbox's being very crowded.

Other than that I am sad to say that I am very sorry that I couldn't be of better help to you Vera.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline painfulVeracity

• Forum Newcomer
  • How about no.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 11:09:43 pm »
I would also like to point out that it might be best not to mention bans in a thread.
I didn't see that it would be a problem if there had not, in fact, been a ban placed. Bans are not a secret feature to the game and site. Everyone knows they exist and are a possible threat, should one be doing things wrong. I have done nothing wrong, however, and I also have not been banned. I am not threatening anyone else with a ban, criticizing a ban that has been made and therefore questioning judgement of an admin or mod...I don't see that I'm doing anything wrong there. But if I am told to take that part out of my post, then I will do so.

I've studied that bit of the rules and I feel that this is a different case than what has been mentioned, but as I said, if this is also a way that is somehow wrong of me to mention the act of banning, then I will remove that portion. This is still an unsolved issue, and that bit is not the problem nor is it even a factor. The only reason I mentioned the act in the first place is because it's something that has NOT happened in this situation.

I also do not see anything wrong with claiming a username that has technically already been claimed. It would be one thing if I did not have proof that it was mine in any form, but I do have that. And I honestly don't see how said proof could be made any more clear. Furthermore, if there is any question as far as the truth in the proof goes, I will offer the password to my email to any staff member who asks for it, and they are welcome to access my email and see that the email is not a fake, and I truly do have it in my possession.

Should someone who has not seen this thread take the username, you are completely right, they would be free to take it. No matter who did it, they have full power to take it, and I have no power over or against them to claim it as my own. I technically SHOULD have at least some, as I did register with this username and aforementioned proof of such an event is present, but I do not, and that is why this thread even exists. I wish it didn't have to, but it does.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:16:30 pm by Vera_ »

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 11:23:19 pm »
...I did mention I may be wrong on my comments...sorry for the trouble to have been caused to you. I hope someone comes by who can fix your issues. Until then I hope your day goes well.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:26:37 pm by T???_NQ »

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline painfulVeracity

• Forum Newcomer
  • How about no.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 11:27:01 pm »
...I did mention I may be wrong on my comments...sorry for the trouble to have been caused to you. I hope someone comes by who can fix your issues. Until then I hope you day goes well.
I am not mad at you, nor am I blaming you for my issues. I was simply a bit worried by what you had said, and trying to ensure that any Staff member who should come across this issue will not write off the problem entirely based on the use of the word "ban" in the thread. I was explaining why it had been used, to try and clear my name of any possible future accusations. I do not wish for this thread to be "deleted on sight".
I'm sorry that it seemed as though I was mad at you. I am not. Thank you for replying, though. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 11:38:47 pm »
Arf. I smell a little tension in here, lets please move directly back to the main topic here, shall we?

I would advise you to ask a member of Staff about it via PM and they will send you in the right direction m'dear. You are not in trouble at all, what you said about bans wasn't at all bad as you weren't talking about yourself being recently kicked and/or banned from in-game or on the forum. Don't stress c:

I also recommend sending an e-mail to [email protected] using the e-mail you used to create this account with.
I hope things are resolved for you soon! For now patience is all that's needed.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:41:29 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 12:38:01 am »
Aye, as miss Buff has mentioned, you didn't mention a recent ban or kick c; Beside the point here tho.

If what madam Buffy has provided dosen't seem to help ye' at all, may I suggest getting a new account? I'm not saying to quit entirely, however it may fix it. Paitence is key, once you sent the email to [email protected], it may take a few days to activate or fix. But you said you did get into game once right?

Sometimes te server may glitch and deactivate an already activated account. Not to worry tho, it'll fix c:

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 02:12:31 am »
If I may ask, when you registered this account. Did you go to your emails and click on the activation link? there is a common problem going around lately as our server is getting clogged with "Inactive Users" now that doesn't mean to say you were inactive because obviously you have been online however the server will view you as "Inactive" because you may not have clicked the activation link upon registering the said account. Our server on occasion wipes such accounts from the server. If you have done the whole account activation process then I am stumped as to why your account would poof off the face of the earth, I would recommend perhaps contacting Redlinelies our head admin through personal messages about the matter at hand as I feel he would be able to shed much more light on the matter. 
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline painfulVeracity

• Forum Newcomer
  • How about no.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 09:35:03 pm »
If I may ask, when you registered this account. Did you go to your emails and click on the activation link?
As far as I am aware, I did. There's never been a time before this where I have not gone and clicked on the activation link. With most games, forums, and websites that I've seen in the past, it's been impossible to access your account until after you've activated it...so really it's become a habit to go and activate the account immediately.
Honestly I wasn't aware that you could go in and play the game without activating your account. Unless I read that wrong. ^^;
Also, to be clear with those mentioning patience. I waited until this had been an unsolved issue for about four months, putting the start time of it being a problem a bit before the date pictured in the email shown in my first post here (November 5th, 2014). Of course, if the problem CAN be fixed, I'm willing to continue waiting, but I think four months is at least a decent amount of time for me to have waited for the problem to fix itself...which is why I contacted the forum after all of that waiting, instead of just looking to my friends who know little more than I do at best.

In any case, I will wait the remainder of the week. I've already sent the email that Bawfle suggested, anyhow. If that does nothing, then once the week is up, I'll PM Red. If there's still no helping the problem at all, I guess then I'll give up. But I don't intend to give up until that point.
Thank you all for your help. I'm sorry this is such a weird issue.