Author Topic: Camera modes/arrow keys??? Help!  (Read 1559 times)

Offline horsebeans

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Camera modes/arrow keys??? Help!
« on: March 14, 2015, 01:32:37 am »
Ok, so, wasn't sure what to title this, but I'll try to explain what's going on as best as possible.
I'm an arrow key user, I personally hate using WSAD keys.
One day I was playing and I accidentally hit something on my keyboard which made it so it went to WSAD keys AND the camera stopped following which way my wolf/cat was FACING. I tried to fix it by going into the options (by clicking esc) but even after changing back to arrow keys and clicking F4 it just still isn't right.
Long story short, I stopped playing for a long time because of this but came back today and still I can't fix the problem.
If anyone knows what I mean or can help in any way I will gratefully appreciate some form of help or advice!
I am teh Brooke. ;P

AlphaEclipse

Re: Camera modes/arrow keys??? Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 01:35:10 am »

Source: [link]

I believe clicking (right) "Ctrl" will fix it!

Offline horsebeans

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 01:43:26 am »

Source: [link]

I believe clicking (right) "Ctrl" will fix it!

Hmm, I just tried clicking them but it just makes it crouch, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
I am teh Brooke. ;P

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 01:44:49 am »
You must be clicking the "Ctrl" button on the left of your keyboard; try the right side one. You settings may also be different, so I'd recommend setting to default and trying then if that will help.

Offline horsebeans

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 01:50:21 am »
You must be clicking the "Ctrl" button on the left of your keyboard; try the right side one. You settings may also be different, so I'd recommend setting to default and trying then if that will help.

I think that ones broken on my keyboard, I'll try on another one sometime this weekend and if it doesn't work I'll reply again, thank you though!
I am teh Brooke. ;P

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 01:52:52 am »

I think that ones broken on my keyboard, I'll try on another one sometime this weekend and if it doesn't work I'll reply again, thank you though!
Sure thing. You can also probably fix the issue by going into options > (interface) > running mode, and check/uncheck "relative mode." See if that works out for you.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 02:22:20 am »
In addition to what Alpha was explaining, your head may be frozen due to the accidental hitting of your left 'alt' key on your keyboard. As pictured in the diagram above, the left alt key is used to freeze/unfreeze your character's head; when it's frozen, your character will not look in the direction of the camera.

You are amazing <3