Author Topic: Character affiliations (rant-ish)  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Bluparrot

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
Character affiliations (rant-ish)
« on: March 14, 2015, 07:39:39 pm »
Okay, so where do I start.

Apparently, some people have character 'affiliations' where their characters have something to do with another person's character, or someone draws pictures of others' characters along with their own. For example, Tili (Tili NQ) being Allegra's (WhiteLightHeart) daughter, or Turtle (Turtlex) having a crush on Zucca (TwistedLizard). I want a character affiliation too, and I don't know anyone who wants their character to have a relationship with a wolf/eagle hybrid. Yes, I am a lone wolf, and so is Jumping, but I thought it would be fun for him/her to be friends with one, maybe several, of the characters and fursonas of the many wonderful floofs here. If you're interested in having your character being friends with Jumping, you can 'apply' here and also discuss your own affiliations as well.

Thanks,
Blu

Shake it!
Blu Parrot - The Pokemon Fanbird of FeralHeart

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Character affiliations (rant-ish)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 08:10:36 pm »
//agressively ships turtle with zucca//

Well, to get characters related in some sort of way, the only ways I can think of are to either roleplay with someone (how Turtle has become friends with other people), or otherwise in an OOC and joking way (how Turtle has had puppies with everyone and I ship him with everyone). But really the main way is through roleplay.

Offline Bluparrot

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 08:39:34 pm »
But really the main way is through roleplay.
I don't know how to roleplay well, when I should meet up with you to roleplay, and what I should roleplay. Plus, I prefer discussion over roleplay.

Shake it!
Blu Parrot - The Pokemon Fanbird of FeralHeart

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 08:45:51 pm »
Believe me mate, I've run into your problem before.

And I still have it too

Honestly, I guess you just have to get up and talk to the other people of the community.
And hope you don't get snubbed/ignored.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 02:36:37 am »
Aruff, ye shouldn't feel like the odd ball just because ye don't have that many acquaintances, floof. Findin' partnerships/relations with other characters take time. Years, even. For that's how long it took for certain individuals to finally warm up to Vespian enough for he to tolerate them nearby IC wise.
Most of the time, affiliations form through the art of role-play. That includes Vespian himself. Although there have been certain situations where merely derpin' around OOC can interest another in formin' a certain bond with yer character, Jumping. It generally depends on one's preference.

Just keep this in mind: It's better to have no affiliations at all than to hand yer trustworthy out too hurriedly 'n end up with acquaintances who don't quite fit the part in yer description in the long run.

Ye just have to keep seekin'. Familiar faces are bound to greet ye when the time's right.
gone

Rizzla

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 02:58:12 am »
I agree with all the posts above.

Really, the only way to form an affiliate is through roleplay. It can take 5ever to find someone willing to put up with your OC's, and coordinating backstories and stuff can be tricky... But I guess it depends on the type of affiliate.
And, like Vesp said, I think you should take the time to find another character that "fits" Jumping before you rush off and look for affiliates (Eee no offence). I would reccomand finding someone to do a 1x1 RP with (hhh I'd be willing ;u;), and just let things go from there.. That's what I did, for the most part, anyways x'D

-Shuffles awkwardly away-