Author Topic: Issues with my map  (Read 1547 times)

Offline MoscoMoon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Creator of the Benevolent Wolf Pack
    • View Profile
    • xMoscoMoonx
Issues with my map
« on: March 27, 2015, 10:45:50 am »
Hey everyone,

So I made a map just less than a year ago and it's been working fine but for like the past week it's not been able to connect to the map server. People have characters stuck in it and no one can use it. It's a pack map and we use it on a daily basis, what should I do?

Offline TheExperience

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Been Busy
    • http://unfilteredart.deviantart.
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with my map
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 03:09:10 pm »
Hey Mosco! It be Gladys ere! Easy fix! All you gotta do is go to your character options [under user panel] on the website. Then go reset home. Once that is done there will be an option to 'go home' which will send you to Lonely Cave. ?

As for how to fix the map.... I have no idea.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:11:19 pm by TheExperience »

Offline MoscoMoon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • xMoscoMoonx
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 05:09:49 pm »
It's more to fix the map is why I am asking this ;.;

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 06:42:03 pm »
Usually when this message "Failed to connect to map server" shows for more than one user(so not only yourself) like a group of friends or anyone trying to go into a private map, it actually tends to be that the map process itself on the server has gotten stuck and will not let anyone in to the map. Since this is server bound it will not really matter if a user restart their game or go on another character, the same message will still persist if as mentioned earlier, it's something that happens to more than one user trying connect to a certain map. There's no direct fix so a user could get into these kind of maps that are stuck.

In some cases when the message "Failed to connect to map server" is more directed at a certain user and other users can go into the map and play it just fine, it tends to sort itself out after giving it a while, but only then. But when all users face the same message to a certain map it just will not work and there's nothing users can do to sort it I'm afraid.

If I will take my own maps as an example. The FeralCity map and my map pack, these custom maps tend to have quite a few users running around in them but far from constant activity lasting 24/7 within these maps. Since people come and go a lot, and the maps do not constantly have one active user inside, it will start and stop, start and stop, start and stop everytime someone goes into the map or leaves it making it empty. Every time this happens the process itself on the server will kill itself and start up again, which also leads to higher risks of it actually getting stuck(Why it happens I still do not know and this is what I can make of it at this point). When a said map do get stuck you will face the "failed to connect to map server".

The only thing that directly will fix this is if we have a server restart, shutting it down temporarily and forcing all users playing to go offline, usually we try to have one here and there during early morning hours when no one is really online, but it can take some time to actually get to doing such so all you can do is to hang in there. The only way to play on a certain map you made right away, would be if you exported a new version of the stuck map(if you made it) and go into the right portal in cape.

So if the case is that ALL users have issues with a certain map, there's nothing but a server restart that can fix it and we try not to have those too often since users get a bit derpy when the game is/goes offline.'

Hope that explains it.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline MoscoMoon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • xMoscoMoonx
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 05:53:07 pm »
Yeah that makes a lot of sense now Red thanks for clearing all that up ;.; Any idea when the next server restart will be?

We are working on more maps so eventually we wont have to rely on just the 1 map but right now a lot of our members like it because FP can be too laggy for their computers.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 10:25:54 pm »
Could be next morning, could be in a day or two, restarts are manually run so no certain times can be given.
Former community manager of FeralHeart