Author Topic: How do I post maps up for download?  (Read 724 times)

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
How do I post maps up for download?
« on: March 27, 2015, 03:14:45 pm »
I'm currently working on this huge map project and I want to put them up for download for my group. Does anyone know how to post a download without having to make an account for something or paying for it?

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: How do I post maps up for download?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 03:47:22 pm »
The best ones I know of, and free, are Mediafire and Sendspace.

Gathering files for download

When you gather your files for people to download, you will need to create a new folder on your desktop (or somewhere you will remember putting) then rename it to your map name.

Then open FeralHeart and go to Mapmaker and load your map. Once the map is loaded, hit the 'Export' button. It is important that you list EVERYTHING your map exports (these are mainly your .fho, .fhm, .fhs and .fhw files).

You will then need to go into Local Disk (C:)\\FeralHeart\\Exports and find all the files you listed. Once you have found them all, copy and paste them into the folder you made on your desktop (the folder I told you to make at the beginning).

Finally, right click that folder and select 'Send to'\\'Compressed Zip Folder' (if you have a Mac, this would be easier to do though winzip).

Finally, upload the Zipped folder to either Mediafire or Sendspace and you are free to send the link it gives you to anyone you wish to send it to.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 06:37:54 pm »
I don't know how to make a zipped folder and that sounds slightly confusing :p are there any video tutorials?

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 02:31:41 pm »
All you do is right click the folder and is should say 'Send to'. Hover/click on that and a drop down list will appear. Click 'Compressed (zipped) folder'.

That's all you have to do :)

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone