Author Topic: Marking and Items. Full story below.  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Sourr

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • A simple wamen.
    • Sourrbuns
    • Sourr
    • View Profile
Marking and Items. Full story below.
« on: April 26, 2015, 05:32:40 pm »
So. I guess I messed something up. When I was perfectly fine yesterday, downloading a map, happy and had my Aug 22 markings and items, something with my laptop messed up. Screen went black, so I restarted it. Trying to go back on FH, when it loaded up to the first thing that usually pops up, everything was white. So I went and used the second thing, (forgot what it's called, but it goes full screen, not desktop mode), to tell my friend what had happened. After a bit, I decided to uninstall FH and try redownloading, but first I copied everything from the folders and put in a new folder in my regular Downloads. After a bit of reinstalling, I tried to put everything back in its place. But when I opened it back up, I had marshies and no items. So I tried it again this morning, redownloading it. This time, I used the regular Aug 22 markings and I put the copied items from the folder I made into the regular items folder in the FH folder. I still had no items and marshies. I have no idea what happened and I really don't like how this turned out. Please help me.  :-\  :(  :'(

wolfdog01

Re: Marking and Items. Full story below.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 12:39:10 am »
Did you replace the .cfg files in the main FH folder?

Offline Sandytails

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • I rly like robots tbh
    • neon-chann.deviantart.com
    • wildbreak
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 04:14:13 pm »
Yes, try checking the .CFG files, they may be the problem.
Gif of Bitobae by Deathy <3

Find me on FH with the usernames Sandytails, Clawingeyes, Magolor, Spring-trap and Whirl!

Offline Sourr

• Forum Newcomer
  • A simple wamen.
    • Sourrbuns
    • Sourr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 05:29:15 am »
I have, yes, multiple times. I still hasn't worked for me. :/

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 08:44:14 am »
I have, yes, multiple times. I still hasn't worked for me. :/

This may not make a difference for you -- but it has with me before.  Before you move the textures/items into the their folders, move the .cfg files FIRST.
If it asks you to replace the file then do so.  Then you can move the others FH>Media>Textures/Items.
May I ask if your using a mac? The whole "black screen" thing has happened to me before on my mac and it only takes a few minutes to light up again.  If you are, don't restart right away, give it a bit of time before pressing anything.  If need be, maybe shake your mouse or press a few buttons but don't switch your power off.
I have a feeling something went wrong when you copied your files into your regular downloads folder. 
You mentioned that at first you used your old markings and item files, so the next time you re-download FH I think you should download new item and marking files because I have a feeling something is messed up in those files.

Offline Sourr

• Forum Newcomer
  • A simple wamen.
    • Sourrbuns
    • Sourr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 05:43:28 pm »
Ok. I'll try that. And no, I'm not using a Mac, I'm using an HP 15 Laptop. ^.^ I'll try those right away! (: Thank you guys for all the help. I will make another Quick Reply if it doesn't work.