Author Topic: Keeping Unwanted People Out of Maps?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Keeping Unwanted People Out of Maps?
« on: June 14, 2015, 11:16:13 pm »
I finally finished the map I made for my upcoming pack. But I've a few questions before I release it. Is there any possible way I can keep people I don't know / who aren't in my pack out of the map? Yes, I know I can provide download links for my pack members only, but what if they give the links out to people whom aren't in the pack? And what if someone was kicked from the pack but still had access to the map? Is there a way I can prevent users from entering the map if they're kicked/unwelcome? I don't want a bunch of unwelcomed people there... Not trying to sound rude but it's a private map. Can I kick someone out of the map? Or... What?

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Keeping Unwanted People Out of Maps?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 11:58:30 pm »
If you don't want someone giving out the map, set a password to the download link. Change it every now and again and only allow group admins or founders to have access to the password.

Or, if someone you don't want is in the map, and it's a private map but they won't leave. You can always PM a staff member about it. It's your map after all.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline marvelsterian

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 03:13:43 pm »
Unfortunately there is nothing that can really keep unwanted people out of your map, besides giving the map link only to your pack members.

If someone manages to get the map link, they can download it and access it without any problem. You can not kick them out of the map or kind of 'ban' them from the map.
As mentioned above though, you can always contact an admin/ mod if users that are not part of the pack enter your map.

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 04:30:11 pm »
If you don't want someone giving out the map, set a password to the download link. Change it every now and again and only allow group admins or founders to have access to the password.

Or, if someone you don't want is in the map, and it's a private map but they won't leave. You can always PM a staff member about it. It's your map after all.

~ Whisper

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 12:09:57 am »

~ Whisper

This pretty much clears it up. As nice as it would be to have that sort of control over your private maps, you can't actually restrict/ban members from entering your map. If the map's download link gets in the wrong hands, you can always set a password. As the kind people above have mentioned, don't feel shy to PM a Staff member if someone unwanted enters and begins to cause trouble.

Good luck.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.