Author Topic: Any advice  (Read 4512 times)

DreamerDay

Any advice
« on: August 06, 2015, 02:15:22 pm »
I really want to speak Spanish (because I'm half Puerto rican) but my mom don't the money for class, and i definitely don't want to wait until 11th grade. Anyone know a fast way for beginners?

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Re: Any advice
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 03:47:43 pm »
Yes definitely, I can give you some things to do! :) Well, I am not a person who speaks french, excuse moi, but I have been very interested to learn it so I organised a plan before, and now, I can. You don't need a spanish teacher to teach you, all you need is some videos, text books, spanish books and your brain. I began by organising the days I will be learning by myself, because you don't want to do it every single day and end up having plans so you cannot do it. It's annoying. There is no really fast way to do this, if you want to learn, you got to be patient and you'll improve. If this is something you want to do, then enjoy it, don't rush. So,

1- Organise the days you want to learn yourself
2- Ask your mother to go with you to a library, you may have permission to borrow some spanish books for a week or two. And when you return them back, you can get some more. Also, try finding a spanish dictionary, it could be very useful!
3- Get 2 or 3 text books to write in, you can start by writing the easiest words like 'Hello, goodmorning..' and so on. Then when you're confident with these words, you can begin by writing them as a sentence.

Here is a video to get you started, the person in the background shows you how to pronounce them as well!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF-mO4YgCPI

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 03:37:01 am »
You can also try watching Spanish shows or listening to Spanish music. The more you hear it the more familiar you'll become with the terms.

Also woot fellow Puerto Rican ;3 (I'm half Puerto Rican from my momma's side)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 01:10:57 am »
Watch Dora
There are loads of great websites on the interwebs as well as the previous suggestions. Here's one of the less shady ones that I found. :3
Link
Best of luck with your learning!

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 04:58:40 am »
If you have a Smartphone you can download the app Duolingo.
It has classes for various languages, I use it for german and it's really great
(i think you can access it from a computer as well)

DreamerDay

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 12:49:03 pm »
If you have a Smartphone you can download the app Duolingo.
It has classes for various languages, I use it for german and it's really great
(i think you can access it from a computer as well)

I have that! But then again, I fear it's not really going to be helpful. But it's cool. I guess.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 02:47:09 pm »
Not sure if it would be much help, but you could consider taking up the task with a friend. Y'all could both learn together, or if you know someone who speaks Spanish, ask them to teach you a couple of words or even help you study.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.