Author Topic: Can't see a friend's preset?  (Read 1005 times)

Offline kate11952

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Can't see a friend's preset?
« on: August 01, 2015, 03:01:14 pm »
First post on the forum, wee. Anyways, I tried to download a friend's preset. I don't want to use it myself, I just wanna see it. So, when I got the .fhp file, I put it into the presets folder. However, when I logged back into FH, my friend's character was the same. Everyone around me complimented her on her preset, but I couldn't because I didn't see it.
Did I do something wrong? I never download presets, but... It sounded simple enough!

STYLE

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Can't see a friend's preset?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 04:47:01 pm »
First of all, welcome to the forum! Now about the preset, did ye place it in the presets folder or the My_Presets folder. The My_Presets folder is for y'er preset files and not other's FHP files, so make sure ye place it in the presets folder.

It also may be a .rar file, but I highly doubt it. If this is the case though, ye'd need the correct file opener to be able to use it. WinRAR is a good program to such things.

Also, make sure ye log out of FH completely. Ye cannot go to the log in page and back into the map to see it. Ye'd 'ave to close the program completely to see the preset.

As of right now, I cannot think of any other issues that would be not letting ye see the preset. If anything else comes to mind, I shall let ye know.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:51:59 pm by ?Enoki? »

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Can't see a friend's preset?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 07:54:52 pm »
As Enoki mentioned above, there could be a few issues with downloading your friend's preset. I have a feeling it might be because you haven't downloaded WinRar, which will assist with extracting files.

If you'd like to download WinRar, there should be an option to do so when you click on the page to download your friend's preset (if you're downloading the preset from Mediafire, ect.) Once you've downloaded WinRar, you can open the preset files through the program, and once WinRar has finished extracting, put the .fhp file into your "presets" folder. The preset title should look something like "UserName_1.fhp" (the username and number may vary.) 

Good luck!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.