Author Topic: Can't Connect to Front Server  (Read 803 times)

Offline VividPastel

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Can't Connect to Front Server
« on: August 05, 2015, 08:44:54 pm »
Every time I log in, the game gives me the "can't connect to front server" message, and then the game freezes. I'm not really sure what's wrong ;-;

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Can't Connect to Front Server
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:51:01 pm »
Check to make sure that your internet is up and running. If so, it's possible that your firewall or anti-virus program may be blocking access to the game.
Is the computer allowing FeralHeart to connect to the internet?
Games like these needs to be able to connect to the internet, but sometimes windows doesn't know if the game/application can be trusted or it just skips adding the game to exceptions. If you aren't able to log on the game, this might be your issue.

Open up your control panel located in the start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use, and which layout it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security" or just find the text "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing add program.

If you don't understand how to do this still, ask someone else to do this for you.

Sometimes there might be something else blocking the program from accessing the internet. A good example of these are some Antivirus programs. This can vary a lot as well. But check up if by any chance your virus program might be blocking feralheart. And just not only by clicking the icon in the corner sayings "Nope!". Look in the advanced menus and preferences first. Only you can check this.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:03:25 pm by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline PoisonIVy12

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Colin the Cornhusky is Life
    • View Profile
    • Professor Flannigan's Lab
Re: Can't Connect to Front Server
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 08:53:23 pm »
I've been having server issues all day, both on FeralHeart and on the internet itself; my best advice is to wait a while, check your connection, and try the game later. That's what I'm doing right now... o3o
Find me ingame as PoisonIVy12!

Cy, the eccentric rebel against the world. Oh, and wordsmith. :D