Author Topic: Bad Parents?  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Bad Parents?
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 09:53:28 pm »
The only bad parenting I've ever seen in-game are people abandoning the pups they adopt in Bonfire after the first day.

I don't think I've seen that sort of thing happen to me or anyone else, honestly.
There's always a first, though.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline CeramicSoul

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • One day M'love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 12:55:56 am »
This happened to me today

Me: -minding my own biz in a fluorite cave a a pup walks in and stands in front of me-
Pup:You are a terrible mommy you left me to starve:
Me:Sorry I do not know you have we met before?
Random wolf: YOU HORRID WOLF YOUR A TERRIBLE PARENT I SHOULD REPORT YOU RIGHT NOW FOR BEING MEAN TO THIS PUP!!
Me: 0_0 What did I do?
Random wolf: -walks to pup- I'll adopt you and I can get you away from this horrible wolf.
Pup:Thank you New Mommy -looks at wolf (me) and cry's-
Random wolf:Hush I'll protect you -Snarls at me-
Me:WHATEVER -table flip-
(what I actually said)Me:I'm not her parent. -walks off like a  baws-

Your friendly neighborhood derp.

Offline TheOneAndOnlyy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Winter has Come
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 01:13:04 am »
This happened to me today

Me: -minding my own biz in a fluorite cave a a pup walks in and stands in front of me-
Pup:You are a terrible mommy you left me to starve:
Me:Sorry I do not know you have we met before?
Random wolf: YOU HORRID WOLF YOUR A TERRIBLE PARENT I SHOULD REPORT YOU RIGHT NOW FOR BEING MEAN TO THIS PUP!!
Me: 0_0 What did I do?
Random wolf: -walks to pup- I'll adopt you and I can get you away from this horrible wolf.
Pup:Thank you New Mommy -looks at wolf (me) and cry's-
Random wolf:Hush I'll protect you -Snarls at me-
Me:WHATEVER -table flip-
(what I actually said)Me:I'm not her parent. -walks off like a  baws-

XD I just.... wow.
I've never experienced this nor seen this happen to someone before, but if I did, I think I would start laughing. I wouldn't be able to take it seriously.

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 02:38:33 am »
I's kindof why I avoid that whole thing. That and I don't really know what I am doing.
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 10:55:24 am »
This has never personally happened to me, but I can understand why it would be a bit of a bothersome and frustrating situation. In most cases that I've seen, usually it's just people wanting to interact with those users (the parent and/or child.) Sometimes calling someone out on their "poor" style of parenting will lead to a discussion amongst those users, and I think that this feeds their entertainment out of the game, in a way. Rarely have I seen someone commenting on a character's parenting behavior as something seriously dangerous, but some of the comments that follow ("a parent wouldn't do that to their child in reality") are not very nice things to listen to. In most cases, if it gets to the point where they're just running on a broken engine of trying to provoke you or prove a point, ignoring the user may often be the best way to go.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline FelFeyn

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • FelFeyn Sergal, at your service!
    • FelFeyn
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 02:26:13 pm »
While I can't say I've ever run into a situation like this myself, I do recall seeing it occur from my usual perch in Bonfire once or twice. I think most of the time this situation arises from someone either not really having read up on the behaviors of the animal/creature of the one they are they are criticizing, or from them personifying(humanizing) the animal too much, and assuming that, because you're still a human behind the screen, you need to make your characters act more like a human would in that situation.
It might just be a difference in roleplay style, some preferring more realism vs those who see it in a more human light, but so long as no one starts flinging around insults, I think it would actually be an interesting topic to discuss with other players... assuming it doesn't affect an ongoing rp, anyway cx

-waves- Hullo~
Stop by my dA
>Here!<
And get my presets >Here!<