Author Topic: Signature?  (Read 924 times)

ChanPuppy7

Signature?
« on: October 09, 2015, 04:01:31 am »
After going around on the forums, I noticed that there's a "Signature" under the posts and replies on most players. Then when I go to my settings page, I found a box where I can also add my own "Signature". But before I add my own, I have a question : What is a "Signature" and what it is for? Can I also add some pictures/.gifs from other sites into my "Signature" too?

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Signature?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 04:25:47 am »
You can put anything in a signature. Text, pictures, .gifs. As long as it's appropriate and the image isn't too big it stretches the forum.

Don't claim any image as your own though, unless you made it, because that's disrespectful. It's recommended not to use anybody's art in your signature without their permission. Same thing with an icon/avatar.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:28:07 am by jengatower »

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 04:40:50 am »
Most forums you will come across enable their members to add a signature to their posts. They contain whatever information you would like to include such as pictures, quotes, links to other websites, etc. Here on the Feral-heart forums, you might find that a few members provide their in-game username as well as a drawing / fan art of their character(s). Jenga already explained the usage of pictures and that all content you would like to include should be appropriate. With this in mind, you are free to get creative with your signature. c:

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 04:44:10 am »
In order to add an image/gif to your signature you need to use the html code:
Code: [Select]
[IMG] Put you link here [/img]To make it easy for yourself, you could use wwwBannedImageSite which supplies a fully coded link for you.

If you're using art someone else has made for you, it is always appreciated by people if you add their name and from where.
Example: Avatar by MysteriousHaru @ dA or Avatar by
Code: [Select]
[url=LINK HERE]MysteriousHaru[/url]
RETIRED.

ChanPuppy7

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 04:53:52 am »
@All : Oh, I see.. Thanks for the help, guys! ^^

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 02:11:35 pm »
No worries! I'll lock this for you since your question has been answered. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.