Author Topic: Marching Band?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline TheChillFangirl

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • It's been a while!
    • bandmomfriend
    • View Profile
Marching Band?
« on: September 13, 2015, 02:08:50 am »
Anyone here like marching band/DCI?

If you don't know what DCI is, it's "Marching Music's Major League", where a bunch of marching ensembles consisting of brass, percussion, and color guard (no woodwinds) compete against each other each year.  It's super cool.

Marching band fans: ARE YOU READY TO BAND?!?!

DCI fans: Who did you like this past year (2015)?  I LOVED Carolina Crown :D

Love <3

TheChillFangirl

I'm fubbernucked.

Echoing harmony

Re: Marching Band?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 02:34:37 am »
Oh I'm not talented enough to do marching bands...but they are an interesting event to watch.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 02:52:50 am »
I've never heard of the DCI, but it sounds like an absolutely wonderful event. I've never played in a marching band, myself, but I find them to be interesting, fun, and make beautiful music. I'm going to have to check this out because it sounds really awesome.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline TheChillFangirl

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • It's been a while!
    • bandmomfriend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 09:09:56 pm »
Oh I'm not talented enough to do marching bands...but they are an interesting event to watch.

Haha.  Yes, marching band is quite fun to watch! :)

I've never heard of the DCI, but it sounds like an absolutely wonderful event. I've never played in a marching band, myself, but I find them to be interesting, fun, and make beautiful music. I'm going to have to check this out because it sounds really awesome.

DCI is in fact quite amazing.  If you want to watch a really good show, search "Carolina Crown 2015"  and watch their show "Inferno".  To me it by far the best.  It has a dark theme, so if you want a lighter theme, search "Bluecoats 2014" and watch their show "Tilt".  It's a show about nothing, and it's pretty cool.

:)

I'm fubbernucked.