Author Topic: Friend exported preset  (Read 1331 times)

Offline FadedSpirit

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Friend exported preset
« on: August 30, 2015, 08:18:59 pm »
Okay, so my friend exported presets for me since I couldn't export them from my own computer since it does the double underscore. So i downloaded them once she sent them back and put them in the "presets" folder. But they won't show up in game. She exported them under my username so im not sure what the problem is. Someone help?

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
Re: Friend exported preset
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 08:22:40 pm »
You have to export them from your game, it won't work any other way, and you can't rename them as your username or else they won't work.

in-game: hooli

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 08:54:40 pm »
As Hooli explained you can only export your own presets from your own game/computer to get it to work.

Try to solve the issue with not being able to export them from your own game.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 09:06:55 pm »
1. Send your Preset files to someone you TRUST.
2. Get them to type in your username in the login page. (No password needed).
3. Get them to go into Preset Maker and load the preset.
4. Ask them to Export that preset.
5. Then Ask them to send the .fhp file to you.
(It will be your username followed by whatever number preset file you have your preset in).

The .fhp file will be in your name as the Username box will have been filled in with your username and not theirs. That's how it works~

Note: You will also need your own preset file so make sure you have it when they send the .fhp file back to you!

Sometimes underscores come in the .fhp filename due to the username having a space in between (for some users). If your username has a space in it, then rename the .fhp filename to your username, exactly. Or if your username has a single underscore, just remove one of the underscores and it should fix the issue.

It is possible, just gotta do it a specific way~ c:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:10:59 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline FadedSpirit

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 09:34:19 pm »
You have to export them from your game, it won't work any other way, and you can't rename them as your username or else they won't work.
Well i read on another forum that they had the same problem with the underscores and how they worked around that problem was they had a friend export the presets for 'em. Appearently it worked for them?

Offline FadedSpirit

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 09:39:46 pm »
1. Send your Preset files to someone you TRUST.
2. Get them to type in your username in the login page. (No password needed).
3. Get them to go into Preset Maker and load the preset.
4. Ask them to Export that preset.
5. Then Ask them to send the .fhp file to you.
(It will be your username followed by whatever number preset file you have your preset in).

The .fhp file will be in your name as the Username box will have been filled in with your username and not theirs. That's how it works~

Note: You will also need your own preset file so make sure you have it when they send the .fhp file back to you!

Sometimes underscores come in the .fhp filename due to the username having a space in between (for some users). If your username has a space in it, then rename the .fhp filename to your username, exactly. Or if your username has a single underscore, just remove one of the underscores and it should fix the issue.

It is possible, just gotta do it a specific way~ c:
Unfortunately I can't jsut delete the extra underscore when it exports from my computer. :c (My user has no spaces in it) Or else it doesn't show up in game. I did the exact steps you listed, but when I put it in the "Presets" folder it doesn't show up in game :L. What do you mean by my own preset file? You mean the folder?

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 10:07:26 pm »
You need the preset images that you gave to your friend to export in order for it to show on your character too yush

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline FadedSpirit

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 07:35:07 pm »
You need the preset images that you gave to your friend to export in order for it to show on your character too yush
Ok then yes i did that as well. Then you just take yhe exported files and put them in the presets folder, correct? I did that and it still wont show up in the game.